GT Team Avalanche

Shamus said:
Maybe I can also show my GT.

If somebody can identify exact year I would be happy...90-92?
I`m original owner of this bike, but I dont remember year when I bought it.

Only rear rim and tyres has been changed. I also have orginal Tioga seatpost, only have to change it now.

Definitely a 1990 model. 91 and 92 shown in the pics below

Attachments

• DSC07684.JPG
    DSC07684.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 6,792
  • DSC07685.JPG
    DSC07685.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 6,792
Team Avalanches

I just rehabed the yellow 92. Put a new set of GT anatomical OE spec grips back on along with a NOS saddle and skinwall tires. I have an original rigid fork in transit for the 91 Team in Midnight Aurora and will putting skins on that as well so that they will both be back to original. I actually owned a '90 in the black widow color just like Shamus before I got my Xizang in '91. Rode the heck out of that one too.

Yup, as GM sys, 1990. 1991 got triple track forks with adjustable dropouts, a flip-flop nd a triple nut headset. 1992 got XTR and a big price hike. Still, one of the nicest tingiest tange prestige tubests I've ridden. Compliance of hyper-thin steel, with unrivalled back end stiffness. Just don't chainsuck or you'll go right through the paper thin chainstays ;)
lovely m/c

gt

Eddie_The_Head":2rtu4i7h said:
Oooo!! baby that's nice....... :D i think it's a 92 as i remember my brother got one that year as well and it looks like it's twin.Beautiful rig dude :D .

its 1990, '92 was when Gt introduced the 'groove tube'

Re: Team Avalanches

gm1230126":1h9lk7w9 said:
I have an original rigid fork in transit for the 91 Team in Midnight Aurora and will putting skins on that as well so that they will both be back to original.

If you ever decide to sell the 91 Team – Pleeeeeeease let me know. I've been after one of these for soooo long

elite504":1yrwgt9j said:
Yup, as GM sys, 1990. 1991 got triple track forks with adjustable dropouts, a flip-flop nd a triple nut headset. 1991 got XTR and a big price hike. Still, one of the nicest tingiest tange prestige tubests I've ridden. Compliance of hyper-thin steel, with unrivalled back end stiffness. Just doon't chainsuck or you'll go right through the paper thin chainstays ;)
lovely m/c

You mean 92 got XTR.....XTR was born in 1992.

Re: Team Avalanches

Crayons":3j8bv7pk said:
gm1230126":3j8bv7pk said:
I have an original rigid fork in transit for the 91 Team in Midnight Aurora and will putting skins on that as well so that they will both be back to original.

If you ever decide to sell the 91 Team – Pleeeeeeease let me know. I've been after one of these for soooo long

It's got a double seated brother in the same color too....Quatrefoil Tandem. They look great together.

Back