'99 FSR Elite Build - piccy wics

Be careful not to overtighten the gold crank bolt before tightening the 2 5mm head bolts. 1Nm is enough. IIRC it's an 8mm head.

Run it as loose as you can but without any play in the bearings.

My mate built his FSR as a 24" wheeled dirt/jump/park bike

Was honestly the nicest bike I ever rode over the gaps at the trails.... even nicer than our other mates endless stream of Brooklyn Machine Works. Wish I had a picture of it

G

Awesome, iirc this is the "max" backbone frame?

Its the only thing i would swap for my 98 ground control.

Not keen on the newer models that don't have the big thick combined top/down tubes

dbmtb":1i8ief1j said:
Be careful not to overtighten the gold crank bolt before tightening the 2 5mm head bolts. 1Nm is enough. IIRC it's an 8mm head.

Run it as loose as you can but without any play in the bearings.

i think i did alright on this, the 8mm allen i had looked as though it only just fitted (i.e. do it up too hard and it'll round off the inside) so i did tighten quite gingerly! no play in the bearings and spins nice and smooth :) cant wait to get the rest of the components installed. i have literally no time in which to indulge in this build at the moment. it has been the cause of a few disagreements between me and the missus......:S

I AM NOW IN POSSESSION OF ONE SPECIALIZED SHARK FIN DISC ADAPTER AND I CANNOT BLOODY WAIT TO GET THIS CHUFFING BIKE BUILT!

HOPEFULLY THE BUILD WILL RE-COMMENCE NEXT WEEK AT SOME POINT!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL :)

twain":30n0lt3f said:
I AM NOW IN POSSESSION OF ONE SPECIALIZED SHARK FIN DISC ADAPTER

Nice one dude! Are you a little excited by any chance??
Have a good Crimble

twain":283r85zf said:
I AM NOW IN POSSESSION OF ONE SPECIALIZED SHARK FIN DISC ADAPTER AND I CANNOT BLOODY WAIT TO GET THIS CHUFFING BIKE BUILT!

HOPEFULLY THE BUILD WILL RE-COMMENCE NEXT WEEK AT SOME POINT!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL :)

superb chap, how much did it set you back ?

and you just know this is going to be a good christmas, when something you've been looking for happens to fall in your lap. ;)

have a good christmas chaps. :D

Just so you know, that gold bearing preload bolt requires a specific hollowtech II tool to tighten it. Not so much of an issue installing, as it only needs to be finger tight (i used a butter knife), but can be more of a problem removing it after a while!

Nice looking frame anyway, looking forward to seeing the end result.

How much was the sharkfin?

2 x enduro seat stays were up on ebay this week and both sold quite cheap!!

Both of them brand new and complete with bearings..

Back