Before n After (pic on its way)

Bastos87

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Bought this very nice 1979 Koga Miyata Road-Winner today.. Paint is really in excellent condition. Didnt pay much for it..

Gonna change saddle and bar tape..

The brake levers arent original either.. Does anyone have a nice set for it with good hoods (brown or black)?

(Pic aint great because it was already dark when I took it.)

6549919227_63fc8e90fb.jpg
[/img]

a GranWinner today

a FullPro tomorrow? :)

Nice score Bastos. You can find your bike in the Koga catalogues on the Koga site. They have all catalogues online.

That it gives an excellent condition impression can have to do with the 7 step coat. All my Kogas look good, even those who've seen serious use over the years. No doubt the coat alone lasts longer than the avarage Italian bike.

For 1979 the ProLuxe and ProRacer were the top of the line models. I remember someone offered a mint ProLuxe on Retrobike about a year ago. Too small for me, but with 400 euro a buyer could have had a great deal.

I think 1979 was the year the IJsboerke team competed on Kogas.

brake levers

Looks nice.
Which brake levers are you looking for? I can't quite make out the brakes from the pic. I have Suntour Superbe ca. 1980 (think they have replacement brown hoods though) and 105 SLR non aero black hooded ca. 1985 (with return spring --- lovely: see http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... AbsPos=125). Let me know if either might work on the Koga.

Nick

Re: brake levers

nammonk":yk82mjtg said:
Looks nice.
Which brake levers are you looking for? I can't quite make out the brakes from the pic. I have Suntour Superbe ca. 1980 (think they have replacement brown hoods though)

Nick

Could you post a pic of the Suntour Superbs with brown hoods?
At what price do you sell these?

Thanks

Thats a lovely looking bike. I assume the saddle isn't quite right, but otherwise looks in great condition.

Ill post some new pics tonight. Already made some adjustments..

Only need some Brake levers with nice brown hoods that suit the bike :)

Elev12k":1egqurj3 said:
For 1979 the ProLuxe and ProRacer were the top of the line models. I remember someone offered a mint ProLuxe on Retrobike about a year ago. Too small for me, but with 400 euro a buyer could have had a great deal.

I think 1979 was the year the IJsboerke team competed on Kogas.

There's a very nice ProRacer with Dura Ace up @ £385 on LFGSS.

Back