Mercedes Gonzalez GT Psyclone

The ones I've seen in the last few days don't have the adapter for regular rails. Missed the BIN one last night cause the seller never responded to my question about the adapter.

stauqmuk":3pjsylea said:
The ones I've seen in the last few days don't have the adapter for regular rails. Missed the BIN one last night cause the seller never responded to my question about the adapter.

It looked like an older one, with no I-beam issues; too bad about that one, but they'll come up again.

Just found an I beam one NOS from Bikewagon on ebay and snapped it up. The same seller I sourced the chain guide from a week ago but unfortunately no combined shipping since I just received the guide.

Finally the Christmas shipping fiasco is over and my parts arrived this afternoon. MRP chainguide and Kore seatpost installed but I'm not sure the post will stay. something about it just isn't jiving with me.

Attachments

• 2011-12-29 21.25.09.jpg
    2011-12-29 21.25.09.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 721
  • 2011-12-29 21.24.09.jpg
    2011-12-29 21.24.09.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 721
Frame that short needs a setback seat post of some type and it had better be a 400mm so it's in the seat tube far enough that the frame doesn't get damaged. That fork looks like an accident waiting to happen. Notice that your bottom bracket is actually angled up above the height of you rear dropouts. I have two 97 Psyclone frames (though not 14's) my rear stays are level to slightly angled down not angled up to the BB like yours.... that fork axle to crown has to have that riding like a complete chopper? Looks very laid back and putting way more stress on that head tube then it was engineered to have...it's going to fail on the under side of the down tube.

have to agree with Kevin; it was never meant as a DJ frame, and won't hold up in that type of build, much less use.

Yes, the Kore rail clamp area is bulky and tall, which doesn't look right. Kore made posts that weren't like that.

I agree it would probably not hold up to DJ use but banging it around the neighborhood to the store or bar I'm relatively sure it wont break. The pic looks a little funny but the chainstays are perfectly level when the shock is at full height but for the vast majority the time I'll have the ETA engaged making the crown 50mm lower. I'm also thinking about switching the fork to a shortened z1 or maybe (and thats a really huge maybe) a yellow Judy SL. On the seatpost I'm going back to the long setback one because I like it best and it makes the bike comfortable.

stauqmuk":1bz44p7k said:
On the seatpost I'm going back to the long setback one because I like it best and it makes the bike comfortable.

Forgive me for being blunt, but why not sell the Psychlone to someone small enough to use it as a cross country bike and get something that fits and/or was intended to be that kind of street bike?

hirosawa":5ngrfr96 said:
stauqmuk":5ngrfr96 said:
On the seatpost I'm going back to the long setback one because I like it best and it makes the bike comfortable.

Forgive me for being blunt, but why not sell the Psychlone to someone small enough to use it as a cross country bike and get something that fits and/or was intended to be that kind of street bike?

baaabum....baaabum....someone's on the hunt ;)

hirosawa":2on10vyp said:
why not sell the Psychlone to someone small enough to use it?

Have you seen it? No way I could sell it without having some fun first. I'm sure it'll end up on the for sale pages before too long but for now it's mine and were going to play.

Back