BoTM December 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
makster":10kbq3w5 said:
yeti-man":10kbq3w5 said:
... so 9 (where of 2 the last 12 months) out of 82 are Yetys - like mine chances are... FAT Chance :roll:

... Chris help me out here...

Is Chris your psychiatrist, to help out with the paranoia attacks? :shock:

Me paranoid .. nop just relax .. just doing the math ;)

(Chris was a man I kindof knew back in the days and he used to make bikes... thik they were called ... fat chance...)

Nader":3uzil5od said:
For your consideration, this is my unusual cruiser bike "Fischer" from the year 94th, complete with shimano lx parts.

fs035.jpg

This is intriguing. I've never seen a bike quite like this. Is it German?
How much travel does that rear shock provide? or is the spring just for show? The seat post shock seems a bit redundant to the shock built into the frame.

I really like the black and chrome. I think you need to lose the orange/mango front skewer and get a "plain" black seat post. The lack of identifying decals on the frame makes it look very clean. I think if you removed the decals from the fork and .... god forbid :shock: :shock: lose the Syncros decals it would look very stealthy.

This bike is very cool. I want to ride it :twisted:

good luck

Nader":soyskrme said:
.. I think you need to lose the orange/mango front skewer and get a "plain" black seat post. The lack of identifying decals on the frame makes it look very clean.
these are very good ideas! I'll think about it. ;)
yes it is a German bike and it is great fun to drive.

I may have missed one amongst all the words, but I don't see a Saracen - and every competition needs one. So, one of my four - '91 TuffTrax Elite. Cheapest bike I've ever owned - even after all the "accessories". And for me one of the most comfortable. I was seriously considering dropping over a grand and a half on a Spa Ti Tourer, but the extra +1400 quid for a weight saving of just over a POUND didn't seem like a good deal.

So, mock away. I'm too old for vanity and far too old to get tense about a BIKE!

TuftyComp2.jpg

TuftyComp4.jpg

classen":2o4fyhf4 said:
Nader":2o4fyhf4 said:
For your consideration, this is my unusual cruiser bike "Fischer" from the year 94th, complete with shimano lx parts.

fs035.jpg
This is intriguing. I've never seen a bike quite like this. Is it German?
How much travel does that rear shock provide? or is the spring just for show? The seat post shock seems a bit redundant to the shock built into the frame.

sorry, yesterday I forgot to answer your questions. Of course, the suspension is real and provides 40mm travel. ;)
I've installed this seatpost, because I had no other in this size (25,2mm! :shock: ) ..but double the suspension is not too bad :D

Cheers

Got to get that poll up soon, be warned last couple of days for entries!

Just read this thread from start to finish and now i'm exhausted (and nervous of entering ! )

Any way some tough choices to be made again, the standard is high as ever,undecided at this point who gets my vote, good luck every one and keep up the good work :xmas-big-grin:

Oh and Ed, Hope you get photography lessons for your Christmas :xmas-wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back