Feedback
View
Alpinestars AlMega E900, MBA Sept93
almega1670.jpg

Check out this quirky collorfull creature :D

AlMega15720.jpg

- Melvin

They were pretty weird eh? :?

I met Tim Davies and Mike Kloser at Horswill's Cycles In Bournemouth 1991 -92 just prior to them doing a photoshoot for MBUK at Corfe Castle in Dorset.

Really down to earth guys..but I was too scared to go up and chat to them, so I got my brother to go up and get their autographs..how lame was I?

Rich

We know Chris is busy with an Impulse currently. This is its aluminium brother, the Al Extreme:

Haro Al Extreme, MBA Oct92
Haro1800.jpg

- Melvin

TiMega

I'm sure I remember Tim Davies racing a Ti version - was that a race special or did it make production?

Neil

Re: TiMega

mrkawasaki":3mkuo5hq said:
I'm sure I remember Tim Davies racing a Ti version - was that a race special or did it make production?

Neil

Hi Neil,

Davies' TiMega

The article isn't mentioning it being a one off.

- Melvin

Today I found something I didn't know in an old brochure: Gary Fisher made E-stay's. And most surprisingly they look like Alpinestars!
Same bend in the seatstay for more wheelclearence. who was first and most of all...who is originally the manufactorer of this frame?

I searched for a picture and found one on first flight...should have known.

1991Montare.JPG

I found my info on the server from work and that's intranet, can't make a link...

Only one year produced...1992...Montare with topmount DX groupo and Hoo Koo E Koo with DX and LX mix. First look it seems the frames from Fisher and Alpine Stars are simular but the Fish has tinner tubes for the Montare and a chromo frame for the Koo.

If anyone is interrested in the pics send me an email, I send you the PDF.

Grobbebol":1nkcfeh1 said:
Only one year produced...1992...Montare with topmount DX groupo and Hoo Koo E Koo with DX and LX mix. First look it seems the frames from Fisher and Alpine Stars are simular but the Fish has tinner tubes for the Montare and a chromo frame for the Koo.

If anyone is interrested in the pics send me an email, I send you the PDF.

Thanks grobbebol, I thought the Montare was made in '91. I found one after much searching recently. It's a bit scruffy but will tidy up nicely. I've decided to make it into an SS project.

Attachments

• montare.jpg
    montare.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 5,409
Back