Irish Roadie Says Hello

VanhireBoys

Dirt Disciple
Hi Guys
Just came across this site by pure accident ! Just had to say hello !
We trained, raced and time-trialled most of the late-80's ! I had a choice either cycle or get a real job so the bike got parked for about 18 or so years .. Well till 2009 when I got a notion and relaunched the old F.Moser !

Joined The Westcoast Wheelers CC and rode the bike everywhere ! Coming home from work 6 weeks ago and badly signed roadworks took me and my beloved Moser out... I got a bit of roadrash but I didnt care.. The Moser was in bits - 23years down the swanney :oops:
6323138790_34948c3d17.jpg

and me :shock:
6323137668_0867570bfc_m.jpg

So I came across I believe to be a 1988 Peugeot Galibier frame- It says Grand Prix in the top tube .. I am sure this is the original paint scheme ! I built her up with all the Shimano 600 and Cinelli Criterium bars from the Moser ! I got a set of MA2's on Miche hubs !
The seatpost Is just one that was sitting about... The proper seatpost Correct me if Im wrong is 26.4mm !
6504930955_efa363d5c5.jpg

This machine is a joy to ride.. Really handles well and is light and responsive ... It harks back to an era when the Lion was king !

OOOch! That looks a bit painful! :shock:

As for the bike, bit of t-cut and a quick tweak with the spoke key, right as rain! :p

Welcome to the site hide your wallet and all valuables NOW !!! :LOL:

I don't know which looks more painful your poor face or the fold-up Moser :(

But the Pug looks the bizz and they do ride so well, good luck with this one :D

Thanks for the nice Welcome lads....! I intend doing a few sportives and a few races/time-trials next year on the flying Pug !

The carbon boys had better watch their backs .. ! Peugeots were built to compete and hopefully I will be able to mix it in with them !

I will keep you all posted on how I fare out !

BTW Wife got me a Peugeot/Shell jersey ! So she does pay attention :LOL:

You are right about the seatpost, 26.4mm and a little rare.

26mm and coke can shim are what (IME) get used, although sometimes you can get away with just using a 26mm and tightening the seat bolt a bit more than normal (0.4mm is within tolerance for such things)

Back