So you want a Charlie Cunningham Indian #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devilock":33wk0z7g said:
mechagouki":33wk0z7g said:
Devilock":33wk0z7g said:
I wanted one of these for years and finally had the opportunity to get one...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Those white tires are suh-uh-weet! Way to complement a classic bike.

It's too bad you look back on your GT ownership in a negative way, it seems like now you own a 'ham you feel that you are superior to the vast majority of us doomed to forever ride mass production bikes, and that's not really what mountain biking is all about.

Hey I loved my GT, and I appreciate high performance mountain bikes from the 80's on up. It appeared that several lads here were bashing the CC who did not or could not appreciate it's importance, but meanwhile praising much more common bikes - which I can appreciate, I enjoy the common stoke shared here, sorry to bring anyone down. It's saturday. Going riding.

My collection consists of:

1983 Ritchey Commando
1984 Fat Chance Team Comp -My first mountain bike, recently repainted and restored with NOS parts.
1985 Cunningham
1986 Fat Chance Kicker
1986 Ibis #219
1989 American Comp Lite (because I couldn't afford the Cunningham at the time -Had Type 2 Fork and WTB Roller Cams, it was as close as I could get :)
1991 Kona Lava Dome
1996 Klein Pulse Comp (stripped/Kleiningham style)
1997 Kona Hei Hei
2000 Santa Cruz Superlight
2006 Santa Cruz Heckler
2010 Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon

Nice collection! I want to see that Fat. :cool:
So that's you posting up on the FB vintage MTB page...cool. There's plenty of right, to go around in this thread; there is also plenty of wrong, with people coming off as asses on both sides of the argument.

No arguing with the importance of the Hams; Rich...er, I mean, Charlie Cunningham did not become a MTB Hall of Famer due to his welding. Focusing on that is missing the point.

It would be great to own one, but I'm not interested in the price of admission, at this point, and there are a couple other MTB's I'd have first.

elPedro666":z130et02 said:
gm1230126":z130et02 said:
Anybody know if this thing ever sold?

Was just wondering that too...

we-will-never-know.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back