Marin Quake 5.0...

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
My Marin Quake...x fusion rear shock, 130mm travel rockshox, xt/xtr groupset/brakes, mavic d521 rims, onza porcs, and recently powder coated frame in browny grey...Which is a bit of a marmite colour but looks great in the flesh...In my opinion!

right more pics too big to start with!....

Attachments

• retro 11.jpg
    retro 11.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,103
  • retro 12.jpg
    retro 12.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 1,103
  • retro 13.jpg
    retro 13.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,103
  • rretro 14.jpg
    rretro 14.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,103
Nice!

What were the problems you were having with it (you mentioned in another thread?)

Had a couple of things over the last 10 years of ownership! Bought some new rims that were the wrong offset for the frame (£15 sorted at LBS). Stripped the frame down for powdercoating then missed a washer on the lower bush mount on the swing arm (few quid for the right washer sorted!) Other than that it rides like a dream....Only thing I find is that I feel like something new! So its currently on ebay split down to parts...Still have the frame but may sell that too. Wanting something newer (a swear word on retro for sure!) Would like a Mount vision ideally from 2004/5 onwards depending on what my budget an get me!...dont know of any do you? Needs to be large 19"...budget of £500-600...

Cheers

Doug

I dont know of any but they come up a lot on ebay for that sort of price if not less.

Dead rats was selling a nice frame, might be worth a search for one.

I've always hankered after a B17. Love these marins. I see they have now ditched the single pivot system for a linkage (ala Kona et al). Seems a shame after so long with a proven system.

Yeah I'm keeping an eye on ebay...want a complete bike really, as from experience buildiing one up can be more expensive! I really like the ride and it does work well. I've seen some of the B17's on ebay and they still seem to get a good price...

Back