MBUK, New Bike, Mini Rant

It is, and maybe always was, all about the marketing - shifting units. The mags are there to create interest and push sales. By and large, we are not their target market :?

It was better when they did the 'chainspotting' video with all the dh and trials stars :cool:

Mountain biker international was the best :(

yep - know exactly what you mean - haven't bought an MTB mag for amny years now.

think is the yoof with all this gear, and is symptomatic of the current genration, are lazy theyu will use chair lifts to get to the top of the hill rather than ride up and hill.

+1 on the coments on Singletrack. That magazine does have some really good articles in in and does seem to appeal to the older rider.

titch__16":2jwffvh1 said:
I'm only 19 and I often ride rigids on trails, but I do notice that people my age buy bikes based on what others will think about them whilst riding, no matter whether it's good value or quality. It's all about the name :evil:

As a 20 year old university student you should see the looks I get when I bring out my 1994 Mtrax ti 1000 at university club rides. :LOL:

However the last time we went to Cannock chase I was 3rd fastest out of 7 and amazed the secretary and captain who though i'd never manage the stegosaurus :roll:

It's also the second lightest bike there only the captains carbon fiber wonder is lighter.

I still like MBUK for kit reviews on clothing, lights, bars etc so I still buy it :)

Latest posts

Back