Winterwear

Tc

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
What do you guys wear on sub zero rides?

Feet,legs,body hands & head?

TC

Aldi softshell tights under a pair of Altura Semi-dri 3/4 shorts, a thermal baselayer under my old old RF Aquanot jacket, Marino socks inside my normal Cannondale shoes with Planet-X overs, A pair of thin but incredibly warm & dry Planet-X gloves, Aldi lid liner and a Buff to finish off

Windstopper overshoes plus warm socks, knitted Sealskin gloves, winter balaclava that's my must have crucial gear. Apart that rather light clothing as I'm worm up quiet quickly, maybe some base layer under jersey when is colder.

Full suit 3-layer Gore-Tex bibs, jacket, insulated Gore-Tex gloves, wool layer at the skinn, then super fleece top and fleece bibs, wool socks, Scarpa T1 racing telemark boots and one of my 7 pairs of telemark skis depending on what kinda ski ride I am doing... oh you asked bike ride - huh... no riding in the winter time for me. Only skiing.

Socks Woolie bullies, Endura bib longs, Gore Oxygen soft shell, Craft Siberia gloves, Gore skull cap, over shoes.

Sometimes wear a craft base layer but it's go to be cold enough.

Endura merino socks and Altura overshoes keep spray, rain and wind out beautifully.
On-one merino base layer, usually 3/4 and full length bibs.

Will often use a roadie style windproof gilet under my top layer - keeps the chill off yer chest really well.

Winter version of the roadie cap - thermal with fold down bit that covers ears and back of neck - toastie!

Altura full finger gloves

an Orange WindShelter fleece/waterproof and an Orange headtube/buff

General gear. I make changes as the temps drop.

Lake MXZ 302s on the feet. Thin sock under merino wool sock. Toe warmers at 20 and below.
Craft lobster outer with various wind proof inner gloves, hand warmer when needed added.
Bellwether windfront pants, lycra tight added when 25 and below.
Bellwether coldfront jacket
1 long sleeve wool mix jersey and when real cold a short sleeve jersery under the long sleeve jersey.
Craft Balaclava light weight. Use a heavier balaclava when it gets real cold or it is windy.

Thunderchild

Attachments

• IMG_20111217_103428 (Small) (2).jpg
    IMG_20111217_103428 (Small) (2).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 708
Shimano MW80 shoes, Smartwool socks, long underwear, jeans, thermal upper base layer, plaid shirt, North Face Crowley gloves, a toque.

Back