I need your help!!!

deelam

Retro Guru
I was hoping to be out tomorrow on a newly-acquired Fisher RS1-PRO but it's not going to happen now
not being much of an oil monkey, I have no experience with these:
Are these MAG20's? I tried to inflate very gently using a lubed needle but the needle only penetrates about 5mm, is this right? I assume the valves are knacked because they leaked immediately. Anyone know A) where I might find valves or service kits and B) a link to some tech info so that I can try and service? Also the bottom pull DX front mech (pictured) is giving me grief. I've never used one with a jubilee-clip type fixing before and it just moves all over the place even fully tightened! The amount of force in the spring seems way too high. Any ideas? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00453.JPG
    DSC00453.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 1,302
  • DSC00470.JPG
    DSC00470.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,302
Cant help with the front mech but for the forks :

have a look here you will find the original service manual in PDF format . there are also links to sites where you can purchase spares .
but I have a MAG 10 , which has a leg broken , but insides are correct and re usable . you can have it for a small amount .

Measure the seat tube, you'll probably find its a standard 34.9 so you could use a modern front mech instead. Seem to remember that those were used for 'oversized' tubes before oversized tubes were the norm.

i have two of the " pumps " and they penetrate a lot further than 5mm

they are about 40mm

Back