BoTM December 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
We_are_Stevo":2kbcfj8n said:
MikeD":2kbcfj8n said:
I'd be staggered if anyone had ever employed a pro photographer to put in a BOTM entry, that would seem mental.

Ummm, a certain recent, flawless resto al-mega DX springs to mind?? ;)

If you are reffering to Boy"O"Boys bike he has access to the facilities where he works and he is certainly not a pro photographer.

REKIBorter":h9eh21hq said:
We_are_Stevo":h9eh21hq said:
MikeD":h9eh21hq said:
I'd be staggered if anyone had ever employed a pro photographer to put in a BOTM entry, that would seem mental.

Ummm, a certain recent, flawless resto al-mega DX springs to mind?? ;)

If you are reffering to Boy"O"Boys bike he has access to the facilities where he works and he is certainly not a pro photographer.

No, but the photo's were taken in a studio using pro equipment - but if I had taken them they would have been better... ;)

Many are missing the point. BoTM should be about excellence. That doesn't mean mega bucks Yetis and Kleins, it's about passion. I'm just as impressed by the lengths someone goes to to restore and present a mid range bike- again may I reference WD Pro's Marin. An obsessive restoration of a Raleigh Mustang is just as likely to get my personal vote than a cheque book Klein resto. Part of that passion should be reflected in presentation too. Modern cameras are fantastic, hell even the camera in some phones are great. Just a little care and effort is all that is needed. You don't have to carry a shrink wrapped bike to the top of Snowdon to get a good photo, a well lit plain backdrop is as good as anything and can be found within 100 yds of the door! How hard is it?
Dragging something out of a hedge and taking a photo of it leant up against the bin isn't making any effort is it? Jesus, my four year old daughter has taken better photos!

Don't just throw any old lump of tripe into the BOTM ring and expect to be treated the same as those that actually care is all I'm saying. To then cry 'elitism' and 'snobbery' whilst attacking those that have made an effort is pretty piss poor in my book.

Si

A winning bike has always needed to be pretty tasty so I doubt that a great photo has in itself ever won anyone BoTM. However the converse is probably true as I'm sure there are plenty of strong entrants that have self-scuppered their chances via a poor quality (and vainly I tell myself that lousy photographic skills are the only reason why I am not a contender month on month, although I know that this is a s self serving as it is self deluded).

Still, I guess we must be nearing the point of the vote, when all will become clear and the world will right itself. Until this time next month!

Dr S":1p2o564u said:
Many are missing the point. BoTM should be about excellence. That doesn't mean mega bucks Yetis and Kleins, it's about passion. I'm just as impressed by the lengths someone goes to to restore and present a mid range bike- again may I reference WD Pro's Marin. An obsessive restoration of a Raleigh Mustang is just as likely to get my personal vote than a cheque book Klein resto. Part of that passion should be reflected in presentation too. Modern cameras are fantastic, hell even the camera in some phones are great. Just a little care and effort is all that is needed. You don't have to carry a shrink wrapped bike to the top of Snowdon to get a good photo, a well lit plain backdrop is as good as anything and can be found within 100 yds of the door! How hard is it?
Dragging something out of a hedge and taking a photo of it leant up against the bin isn't making any effort is it? Jesus, my four year old daughter. G
has taken better photos!

Don't just throw any old lump of tripe into the BOTM ring and expect to be treated the same as those that actually care is all I'm saying. To then cry 'elitism' and 'snobbery' whilst attacking those that have made an effort is pretty piss poor in my book.

Si

So you do actually think you are god and want to belittle our pathetic
Entries that we know won't win and don't care anyway :!:

Sanctimonious p***k don't care if I get banned ,delete me bike wotever my inbox full of support states otherwise, wh
at people are scared of posting incase they get banned ....well its been good up till now :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Passions running a bit hot, let's try not to let it get too personal - it's all about the bikes, right?

ededwards":3mnwc0pp said:
Passions running a bit hot, let's try not to let it get too personal - it's all about (things that look like) bikes, right?

There, that's better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back