SARACEN LOVERS - Custom Metal Headtube Badges

We_are_Stevo":ehx54whe said:
Got mine in the Post the other day - superb! :cool:

They come with double-sided tape already applied, just peel and stick...

Ace! mind you, how much would you trust some double sided sticky tape on a bike that will be used off road? Naturally the whole frame will be cleaned and degreased before application, but I can't help but question the integrity of such a method of attachment given how it is eventually going to be used.

I am sure that It will be fine. I have only just bought a Saracen Kili from the FS forum here (sans head tube badge and decals - must get in touch with Gil_M...). I am having a sad competition to see whether the frame or badge will arrive first! :oops: :LOL:

Once cured, modern adhesive tape can be pretty hard to remove so we'll have to see on that one...

Badge really is an excellent bit of kit and the perfect finishing touch for a rebuild. Just need to get on to Gil for some customized Kili decals myself now... :D

We_are_Stevo":39y3qeht said:
Once cured, modern adhesive tape can be pretty hard to remove so we'll have to see on that one...

Badge really is an excellent bit of kit and the perfect finishing touch for a rebuild. Just need to get on to Gil for some customized Kili decals myself now... :D

Couldnt agree more - the badge is excellent! Once City Link have sorted themselves out, I will have a frame to stick it on!

As for the decals, the frame that I have bought is the same as Clockworkgazz's. That is a beautiful bike so I am going to try and get some like that. Not that I want people to think I am simply copying anyone... :oops: :roll:

As the new owner of the ex Clockworkgazz Saracen I decided it needed a new badge for the headtube, so contacted Geoff and hey presto..........

IMG_0212.jpg

Great quality. Looking forward to finishing the build off with it once the rest of the parts are with me. :D

I got some Pace head tube badges done by Geoff 2 years or so ago. Very nice they are too.

I've had a few done by Geoff over the years and not only does he do great work but he's a thoroughly nice chap to boot.

IME the best tape to put these on with is the double sided tape used for sticking rear view mirrors to windscreens. A phrase involving poo and blankets springs to mind

As I'm in the market for another of these for my new Wot...

P1160186-1.jpg

...thought I'd give Geoff a plug and show those who may not have seen his work?? :cool:

Back