The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your Dad's quoted original price may have been dollars and not pounds.

And a photo would be good as there are as mentioned a few people on here know them well.

Probably not what you want go hear but I have to agree with the chaps

Like most bikes that change ideas the Andreas when released was stupid money and now the depreciation is huge.

As always if the parts are decent it's worth more broken than as a complete bike. having looked at many adverts for sale I would be realistic between £400-£600 .. This is based on recent sales ...the last one on eBay was within the last week and in the traditional preferred style. It was advertised at £425 and didn't get a single bid

Your time of year for big prices won't help I'm sorry to say as most havn't got the readies to hand

If it's on eBay as jerky mentions then at that price I fear it maybe with you for some time

If that bike shop thinks it's worth 5k then offer it to them at 3k and walk away with a huge smile

Not wanting to stir the muck but the advert on eBay says

"I went to America especially to have this bike built and there was no expense spared.
Everything I bought was the best I could buy. It was during the days I was young and had far to much money to spend!!
It cost me about £7000-8000 to build."

Which is at odds with the post on here about it belonging to your Dad.

i have a huge orange san andreas with a far better spec on it (a bit more modern mind you) and i would'nt get a grand for mine so i really can't see yours selling for the starting bid .

10754ddd.jpg

i sold the black frame above with the rear shock + seatpost + seat clamp + bottom bracket for £250 + postage on ebay a couple of weeks ago so theres a good starting point for you if your gona split it ;)

and while i'm here , whats a nice wtb grease guard headset worth these days ? :LOL: it's got a tiny rub mark on it but apart from that it's fine :cool:

stir the muck?
It says I as I copied if from what my dad wrote about it before he died and didnt want to put that on ebay but thanks for pointing it out? nice one

thanks to everyone else for replying think ive been told some dodgy figures
i got a message from some con man via ebay which got my hopes up for selling it but he sent me some fake paypal invoice then asked me to pay some of the money back into a western union account? when i checked no money had actually been sent to paypal
so watch out guys, some right scams going on via ebay/paypal and all the links, emails etc seem genuine

I think you dad may have invented a time machine also as that isn't from the early 90s, it's from the very late 90s (probably 1999).

The bike has the steerer stop that was introduced to reduce the dual crowns hitting the boom tube, it has the last version of the seat mast and the bolt on cable routing all indicating late 90s. Those forks weren't available til 98/99 likewise the wheels, the saddle the seatpost, the stem, the bars, the tyres....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back