BoTM December 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
hollister":1psisylm said:
RobMac":1psisylm said:
I have a question, how many guys who submit photos in BOTM or POTM are either professional or semi-professional photographers?

I earn my living as a bike mechanic.

are nice photos a bad thing?

No! Nice photos aren't a bad thing I just feel submitting professionally taken photos isn't in the spirit of monthly competition. Its about the bikes after all, digital cameras are a great tool towards getting a good photo but they cant compose or chose a angle or the lighting. Quite a few of the photos taken look very professionally taken hence my question. If there are two similar quality bikes being shown the one with the professional looking image will win. And before you all start trawling the site, no I haven't submitted a photo.

OK let the burning commence :LOL:

Gutted i had to pull my Raleigh Activator 2 from this months BOTM, but was just tinkering with my C16R and thought, well why not, so here it is :) Enjoy,

Jussa :)

Attachments

• Orange C16R Picture 2.JPG
    Orange C16R Picture 2.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 651
  • Orange C16R.JPG
    Orange C16R.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 651
Ok. Got into the Bourbon last night. Now I have something.

johntomjoe":65xoq4w8 said:
No threat to the potential winner?
No one will vote?

And you doubt john will put any through?

Not much of a fair competition,and a bit elitist I would say

What would happen if the rebels voted against the shiny well photographed machines?
Your comment could be tantamount to imply this is a fixed contest :evil:

Last time I entered a BoTM (August) I posted (2) pics of my bike then never posted in the thread again. Although the barn door is already open this month, I'd suggest in future you follow the same tack, lest people begin (?) to think this of you.

tin-foil-hat-tinfoilhat-aliens-cubicle-demotivational-poster-1259327131.jpg

And "Open Month" means just that. If the manufacturer/builder marketed the bike as a mountain bike, it was built before 98, is ride-able (has pedals - hint, hint), and is NOT for sale, unicorn or not, it's fair game.

RobMac":oh2vr2x8 said:
I have a question, how many guys who submit photos in BOTM or POTM are either professional or semi-professional photographers?

i think my photos speak for themselves. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :oops:

So, not only are quality bikes to be discouraged, quality photography is now frowned upon?

Anything else?

Is there any point anymore?

Si Im detecting a bit of tension in your post do you want me to book you in for a counselling session?
I never said quality photos were to be frowned upon I was meaning how can you compare your regular MTB'er against a regular MTB'er/ Pro Photographer in a photo/bike comp?
Have you had a bad day? :shock:

RobMac":31jb2xt0 said:

Ductape's mirror table suggests that he may take the odd semi professional cough amateur photo...

CTK":8q174lvt said:
RobMac":8q174lvt said:

Ductape's mirror table suggests that he may take the odd semi professional cough amateur photo...

Ha,
Not even close. The mirror was just close by and I thought I could try and show off the clean bottom side. . Look closer shadows all over and a plug on the wall.....

Reflective surfaces are always good. The RTS has many of them!

I have to say I find bad photography more of a distraction than 'too' good photography. A good BOTM photograph for me is taken square on, drive side with some nice scenery in the backround. I struggle with photographing bikes, and trying to photograph a white bike is drivin me :twisted:

ededwards":3ta1xu9b said:
I don't think there's a Rocky Mountain yet so here goes with the Altitude (dreadful pictures as always, it's quite a skill to be able to consistently take such rubbish photos)....

I think it's take a special sort of bike you can crawl through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back