Avid bleed kit.

JamesM

Senior Retro Guru
I need to bleed some avid disc brakes. The proper SRAM bleed kit typically costs £30 - £40 from the big name online retailers, or I can get one for £10 from ebay. Anyone know of any reason why I shouldn't buy the ebay one?

I don't know whats in the ebay one but the the genuine Avid kit has special adaptors which thread onto the syringes and then thread into the lever and caliper, dead easy to use and no mess which is handy when using corrosive brake fluid ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The only difference i can see is that the red avid hose fixings have a barb on them. I have used both, both fine. We normally cable tie any that have a hose over a fixing type thing and again we do it over any bleed nipples and such.

Id say the cheaper one. Save some money.

Oh and the ebay ones will be tapered where the hose goes over the bit on the syringe i think.

Back