BoTM December 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't call myself a bike snob and have often voted for lower/middle end bikes in BoTM but for me to vote for one it'd have to be a minty looking original with the correct groupset and parts (as far as possible). The type that may have only been in the £300/600 price range when new but has obviously been lovingly restored and the owner has taken the time to take a few decent photo's. I'm rubbish at photography and don't have a flash camara but I've managed to take a decent picture or two when I've really tried.

I don't think I've ever entered BoTM (maybe the Vit T? Can't remember) because I've never thought mine to be of the standard required. A few have come close but have always been waiting for a final part or two that never arrived. I post up build threads that people can have a look at if they want to.

There's some great bikes up this month but also some tat IMO. Be interesting to see who wins. :D

johntomjoe":2aet2aen said:
I'm all for banter and constructive critique, but when someone enters a bike (with a few very poor blurred photos I might add)

the above was a quote

there you go,bitches ....BSO and bad photos, so what!
i was on the way to work using my phone camera,i aint david bailey....and i cant believe the snobs are taking the slagging off to 12 pages

do you want me to remove mine then? dont bother me

My previous post should not have been taken as any kind of endorsement of this attitude either... :?

I fail to see why the two ends of the spectrum can't co-exist without all the petty slanging backwards and forwards between the differing proponents?

There's no harm in the lower spec. bikes being entered because it's all in the spirit of the 'anything goes' legend - they're no threat to the potential winners because no-one will vote for them but we can have a bit of a laugh and some righteous banter in the run up to the vote; and I doubt John would put any through in the final selection anyway?

Perhaps in the 'anything goes' months we should have a 'Ratro Bike of the Month' as well, the only stipulation being that it should be a daily rider and not some skip-find piece of tat entered only to spoil/provoke??

Elitest or not, I bought my entry for the price of a lower mid range Halfords jobbie and will cherish it till the day I die...

If a couple of other people out there like it - great. If not who cares, I'll go out tomorrow and ride it, tweak it, look at it, think how to improve it etc...

'"Banger" of the Month'

videojetman":pneqbo7f said:
its a shame people are calling bikes crap,
maybe the rules should define what makes a bike crap.
maybe even have a crap b.o.t.m.
again i'll vote for the bike i'd most like to own.
the merlin newsboy does it for me.

I'd be up for that. I'm searching for my first retro-project.
I ride a nice Giant Trance...like Giant's so will probs look for an early one to renovate. Will be by no means a classic. And will probs no stand close scrutiny, but will have been fun to do and'll give me a runabout that's a little different and nostalgic. Let's have "Banger of the Month" :)

(just saw Stevo's post-Liked "Rat-ro" made me laugh :) )

No threat to the potential winner?
No one will vote?

And you doubt john will put any through?

Not much of a fair competition,and a bit elitist I would say

What would happen if the rebels voted against the shiny well photographed machines?
Your comment could be tantamount to imply this is a fixed contest :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back