2005 Trimble - Completed - 15lb 4oz

cyfa2809":o9yiw148 said:
And take the stickers off. And anything that is painted should be silver/raw.

I like the decals gives it the retro look of my other Trimbles. I'm lucky to have a modern version of my fav vintage mtb.

Fudd":1gd1j1ff said:
Excellent build. I imagine a stiff breeze would blow it away :)

Are you using brake cables or changed them for gear cables? You could also save a gram (maybe) using heatshrink tubing for cable ends.

Yes brake cables.
Pure carbon bar plugs on the way too only 3 grams

I love the Germans

Thats exactly what I need for a winter hack. Especially now I've had 4 pints of lager, 2 pints of Guinness, 2 whiskies a double BLT with extra Mayonnaise on the fries to beef up the winter coat.

The mental thing is that my Daughter was born on Thursday and she is 7lb 14oz which is more than half of the weight of this bike and she seems tiny to me!!

Plus she's only single speed!

She is full suspension though.

:shock:

Student Bob":2jbb4gvl said:
tintin40":2jbb4gvl said:
The biggest future weight lose will be wheels. 'Innolite' 230 carbon rims, Tune hubs.

Can you use rim brakes on those? I thought they were disk only?

And to be fair, 148gr for the seatpost is pretty good!!

True they are disc rims. But i have seen them used with KCNC rim brakes for racing only.

Agree 148gr is a good. Especially when you compare to ultra light posts are in the 90 gram area.

Once the new stem has arrived. I will stop until next winter.

Progress. Thanks to a French shop i got my 110 gram shifters Recon 9 speed today

Waiting for a Smud 69 g seat & 99 g seat post, AX Lightness 60 g stem. Should loose 5 oz end of the month

:D

Back