BoTM December 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only just remembered to have a look at the BoTM thread as I've been working nights - my, my but aren't we an extremely polarized membership! :shock:

I'm sure I saw on the first page that The Guv'nor had written 'anything goes?'

I'm equally sure that those members who have posted certain bikes have done so out of a sense of fun, no?

Why does a particular bike have to be judged to have lowered the tone of the competition? Aren't we supposed to be building bikes because we can now afford something we could only drool over photo's of BiTD? Or are some members just throwing oodles of cash at a boutique frame in a 'Look at my waaaa-ad' (apologies to Harry Enfield ;) ) kind of way?

Every motorbike show I have ever been to has had a few 'Ratbike' entries, usually by the kind of owners you wouldn't make the poor comments above to unless you were on first names, buy you a pint terms with! No-one complains about those entries because they are taken in the nature they are intended - good humoured irony...

...which is why there is always a supplementary trophy for Best(Worst?) Ratbike to be awarded with a certain degree of tongue in cheek banter.

For goodness sake pull the rods out your arses are enter into the spirit of it all... :roll:

Banter = Good Fun; Snobbery and poor insults = well, I'll leave that one up to you...

We_are_Stevo":3qogverg said:
Only just remembered to have a look at the BoTM thread as I've been working nights - my, my but aren't we an extremely polarized membership! :shock:

I understand it’s cold dark and miserable in your part of the world this time of year and that brings out the worst in some members of the community… ;)

I just can't decide if I like the way people discuss bike of the month or not.

It's like when I'm too lazy to get of the couch and my girl is whatching 'As the world turns'. I kinda wan't to know what happens next...

oh, nice entries by the way! I almost forgot about that ;) :D

I'm all for banter and constructive critique, but when someone enters a bike (with a few very poor blurred photos I might add)

the above was a quote

there you go,bitches ....BSO and bad photos, so what!
i was on the way to work using my phone camera,i aint david bailey....and i cant believe the snobs are taking the slagging off to 12 pages

do you want me to remove mine then? dont bother me

I don't think there's a Rocky Mountain yet so here goes with the Altitude (dreadful pictures as always, it's quite a skill to be able to consistently take such rubbish photos)....

Attachments

• RM Altitude side on.JPG
    RM Altitude side on.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 597
  • RM Altitude head tube.JPG
    RM Altitude head tube.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 597
Tonka

Thats strange as i thought the rules said ''Anything goes'' too??

I know the TONKA wont be everyones cup'o'tea but it was great fun to tear down and rebuild and is a joy to ride and isent this meant to be what its all about?

I know it hasent got the top of the range Fox forks or carbon fibre componentry but it gets me round those Sussex country lanes in the summer and looks great next to a pub table watching the world go by!

i like Tonka. reminds me of those Tonka toys for obvious reasons (and in a good way).

I also like the green Kona (mainly due to the lovely colour). Even if it is a Kona ;)

Re: Tonka

Danny Boy":sg37b3ed said:
Thats strange as i thought the rules said ''Anything goes'' too??

I know the TONKA wont be everyones cup'o'tea but it was great fun to tear down and rebuild and is a joy to ride and isent this meant to be what its all about?

I know it hasent got the top of the range Fox forks or carbon fibre componentry but it gets me round those Sussex country lanes in the summer and looks great next to a pub table watching the world go by!

i like the tonka, sussex country lanes? i remember them,brought up in shoreham,riding our bikes round the downs and devils dyke,,,, good fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back