The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

My Rega Planar 3 with the RB 200 arm is now £135 posted UK.... *SOLD* pending payment

rega_planar_3_141.jpg

legrandefromage":1zwq7kpf said:
Mr Panda":1zwq7kpf said:
Does the audiolab 8000a work and is it ok apart from the missing knob?

Its an early model that blew a hole in its circuit board - spares only

hmmmm - might have a use for this - how much wonga?

LGF, you seem to have had an interest in hifi for some time - do you remember Hifi Answers magazine?

Remember Jimmy Hughes, a reviewer who completely lost the plot and seemed to be in cahoots with that other teller of fairy tales Peter Belt with his magic oil for mains plugs, bits of tinfoil to stick on your hifi kit to improve sound quality by some pseudo scientific claptrap like absorbing of negativity and aligning the electrons in your transistors for better flow - or other such utter rot? JH even suggested odd numbers were always better than even numbers regarding sound quality, suggesting things like pinning up a corner of your curtains so they had 5 sides, only having odd numbers of records on your (odd number of) record shelves.

Ah, fun days - though esoteric hifi still has its idiots. :LOL:

For the real hifi nerds, identify this pile of junk?

IMG_0688.jpg

No, but it does bear a resemblance.

This is a major, well respected UK manufacturer (honestly!) who came to the fore in the late 80's.

Yep, it's disgraceful technically and on build quality terms. I built better at college!

A clue is the plastic case...

Still, I need a manufacturer? Give up yet? :D

Back