Part of me now...

supersano

Dirt Disciple
So essentially, I weigh about 250 lbs, but 70 or 80 is aluminum. These things (and a Klein Stage) have been with me since college, and it seems as though they have lasted long enough to become retro. Might never be able to sell them now...not with the s**t we've been through together. They know too much. Nothing super special, but I think this is the last crew to whom I have to rationalize exaggerated sentimentality and nostalgia.

ampend1sm.jpg

Rocky is about to be rebuilt - hopefully with any unique overbuilt and overmilled cnc bits I can get me cheap hands on...started with some Box levers. What about the saddle? I have a brown suede Koga, but maybe a Brooks b17 ti? Arch Supremes too new for the frame? Hmmm...so much to do. I'd give my middle nut for those Sweet Wings cranks on eBay right now, but oh well.

cdale2006sm.jpg

Wasn't sure if this qualifies yet, because if she's old, I'm old - but it has the pre-97 C-dale mountain logo, the too-beaucoup post has gone from black to copper, and yes, a violet hanger bolt on the original XTR rear end...so maybe it is retro. Old Maguras and Fox Alps 4 lasted until they sprung leaks in '03.

alibike2.jpg

And this I'm just proud of - nice little Voodoo given to my little sis. Damn, I'm such a good guy. :roll:

:LOL: :LOL:

Was just thinking thats a great Rocky, shame about the dale!

Not sure why the TT and DT decals seem to be swapped though :?

Love the Dale and the RM.....which is odd 'cos I've never been a fan of the V bikes or elevated stays. :?
Obviously just never seen the 'right' ones.

Those AMP forks need some work though. :D

There's nothing quite as satisfying as exaggerated sentimentality and nostalgia in my book. ;)

As to the Rocky decals - it seems certain years had it this way, certain years the other way. Not sure about the production run length or the differences year to year. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

I love that Dale it's awesome i think the spins look fantastic on it but mind you dale's always look fantastic........ :LOL:

yeah...the Dale...a bit common, a bit flash, a bit chav maybe, but I was the FS salesman for a Dale shop at that time, so I had to reprezent. An I tried to replace everything with unbreakable parts - pretty surprised the Maguras were the first to go, after only 7 years of daily use. Oh well. Spins are as true as the day they were new. Rear bearing's going, but true. Tried looking up some Rocky specs, and it seems they had the company name on the top tube in '90, and on the down tube in '91.

Hey if i pretend to be your sis any chance i can have your Dale...????? :LOL: :LOL: .Seriously though GORGEOUS bikes and like Messhugga i love the Dale :D .I have a Cannondale super v 1000FR black/mango in pristine condition not a single scratch on the frame paint work looks show room standards with a super shine.It's always been my baby so always looked after it (scared to ride it) as i don't want to damage it HOW STUPID IS THAT. :oops: :LOL:

Back