Erm...I don't think I like Merlin Rock Lobsters

Raging_Bulls":11s0bu5b said:
@ Stinus : You can lower any Reba to 80mm with some original Rock Shox spacers.

I'm actually taking that a step further on my own Reba, as I need it to be 50mm (shallow head and seat tube angle even with a fixed fork).

there's one problem with fitting spacers the axle to crown is the same so the fork/head angle is still the same so don't help with the steering sloppy feel the only way to properly lower them is either shorten the uppers or if dual air ramp up the lower air and run the top air cart softer (works but rides crap)

Didn't know the original spacers did the shortening that way.

The spacer on mine will go in the bottom of the left upper leg, around the steel bar that runs through the lower leg. That way the fork can't extend completely.

Raging_Bulls":1uv3930q said:

The spacer on mine will go in the bottom of the left upper leg, around the steel bar that runs through the lower leg. That way the fork can't extend completely.

i was trying to explain it that way but you did a better job :oops: :oops: ths spacer goes in the cant compress all the way only 80mm instead of 100mm :LOL: :LOL:

cannondale king":3iojx5lm said:
Raging_Bulls":3iojx5lm said:

i was trying to explain it that way but you did a better job :oops: :oops: ths spacer goes in the cant compress all the way only 80mm instead of 100mm :LOL: :LOL:

No... It can compress all the way; it just can't extend all the way, so a-c is reduced.

Would it be possible if you have a shorter set or borrow a shorter set to see if that will improve things Harry?

sylus":2poeluev said:
Would it be possible if you have a shorter set or borrow a shorter set to see if that will improve things Harry?

Well I bought it for a friend and he doesn't like the short top tube anyway, i'm going to keep the forks for myself...I reckon they are probably pretty nice when I get them dialled

Back