1996 Kona Koa

I love the old Koas in that ruby red - I owned one from new in 96, til about 2001, when I sold it on :cry: Wish I'd kept that one.
Where did all the Koas go? The market was awash with them in 96/7, but they rarely come up for sale now.

Well, I picked up my rims, spokes, and nipples on friday. Also picked up my Race Face Headset (not pictured). But here are some more teaser pics of the build. Syncros Cattlehead stem and Syncros seatpost are on the way. I just finished lacing the rims in a 3 cross pattern with DT nipples and DT black spokes.

P1050097.jpg

P1050096.jpg

P1050094.jpg

On another note....messaged gil about some new decals. Believe it or not....I MAY go white with this build!!

Nice, I'm starting a 97 muni mula project next week, I will follow this build, always good to see an old kona brought back to life! What colour decals are you getting? ...on a White frame how about light blue with a black stroke? (same as they are now really) ;-)

konaben82":337xcdvo said:
Nice, I'm starting a 97 muni mula project next week, I will follow this build, always good to see an old kona brought back to life! What colour decals are you getting? ...on a White frame how about light blue with a black stroke? (same as they are now really) ;-)

Exactly what I was thinking!

Took some better pics today after I put on the chain, handlebars, and tighted up the wheels. Here are some new pics!

P1050098.jpg

P1050101.jpg

P1050100.jpg

P1050102.jpg

Lastly....gotta send a shout out to gil_m for the Kona Koa decals that are on the way. After I get all the parts on the bike I will dismantle it and send it to the painters!

Going in for paint tomorrow at Toxik Design Lab in Richmond BC. I won't be picking it up for another couple of weeks as I will be away but I am pretty pumped at putting it back together. I am going to see if it is too small for me and may go up on the auction/for sale block. I will know by the end of the month!

Back