BoTM December 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Khane":9x3qs9kb said:
the banter should perhaps be reserved for the voting thread though, not the nominations.

No, got to have the banter all over. Funny thing is it happens every month so why do people act all surprised and get sensitive. Like day follows night so banter follows bikes being entered in this compo - as it has always been, so should it always be. The best bit is when some flower gets all upset and withdraws their bike, hasn't happened in a while but I do love those moments.

Maybe John could cut and paste the 6 pages of banter every month and randomly eject one of the more esoteric entrants, that way we could save time?

pete_mcc":1w60swra said:
Khane":1w60swra said:
the banter should perhaps be reserved for the voting thread though, not the nominations.

No, got to have the banter all over. Funny thing is it happens every month so why do people act all surprised and get sensitive. Like day follows night so banter follows bikes being entered in this compo - as it has always been, so should it always be. The best bit is when some flower gets all upset and withdraws their bike, hasn't happened in a while but I do love those moments.

Maybe John could cut and paste the 6 pages of banter every month and randomly eject one of the more esoteric entrants, that way we could save time?

now you see how i read that last comment is, you like to bully people into removing there pride and joy to make the competion easier for yourself and your friends.

I know your on the wind up pete, but how would it save time?

And I need not say it but will anyway, big bad John would never stoop so low as to eject something "esoteric/wds" as it would be unfair on all those that spend lots of time and money building there dream yeti ;)

All this pissing and moaning of weather or not we should be weighing in on each entry is stupid and boring. Of course we should. And while I understand people don't want their feelings hurt or their bikes torn apart rule #4 of BoTM clearly deals with this.
If you aren't prepared that your bike undergo criticism as part of BoTM don't enter it. We have many 1000s of views on this thread in a month - make sure both you and your bike are ready!
On another note BoTM is just like a car show or beauty pageant or dog show the prettiest gets the prize, not the most nostalgic or the crappiest one that sold millions (think the Yugo or for you Brits the Morris Marina). I certainly hope that if anyone ever entered a Yugo into Pebble Beach said owner would be laughed out of town. Now I'm not advocating people berate others or the bike they love, but really did you enter your Activator in BoTM thinking it would get anything other than exactly this? The 11 pages of your dedicated Activator post suggest not.

Can't be bothered reading the rest of the thread banter :LOL: just wish I hadn't stripped mine down otherwise I'd have entered it :roll:

clockworkgazz":10bmr1ji said:
I know your on the wind up pete

you shouldn't bite, I was totally taking the piss, but the banter is the same every month: Person enters esoteric bike, people banter, person gets upset and claims elitism, people banter, person gets upset more and withdraws bike. Lets just cut out the middle section: John copies 'stock' banter from previous month and pastes into all current months and deletes one esoteric bike randomly.

khane":10bmr1ji said:
now you see how i read that last comment is, you like to bully people into removing there pride and joy to make the competion easier for yourself and your friends.

three problems:

1) I don't have friends, everyone knows that
2) I don't never bully, I just groom others to do so
3) I have never won a BOTM because someone withdrew their Raleigh Mustang. I have only ever won in the same way everyone else does: enter a bike and get some votes for it. People take the piss out of me and my bikes, I don't mind, it's the internet, grow a set flower.

pete_mcc":20dj66al said:
Khane":20dj66al said:

I'm all for banter and constructive critique, but when someone enters a bike (with a few very poor blurred photos I might add) and then sets about attacking fellow competitors I find it the whole thing distasteful and very unsporting indeed.
As usual its those that bemoan 'bike snobbery' that have ruffled my feathers. If they can't appreciate the time and effort that has gone into research, parts hunting, and the skills that go into restoring a bike (and I don't mean sending a frame away with a signed blank cheque) then why the hell should we share our work? I wonder what would happen if someone with a mega expensive one off Ritchey started spamming the thread with insults to everyone elses efforts? Quite rightly he would be rebuked. But it's just fine and dandy when someone enters a badly photographed BSO does it eh?

Yeah, I'm a flower. But I also like to think, this being a competition that a certain amount of sportsman-like behaviour should be observed.

Si

ps. I still like PeteMcc btw.

Dr S":3t8iwnuk said:
pete_mcc":3t8iwnuk said:
Khane":3t8iwnuk said:

I'm all for banter and constructive critique, but when someone enters a bike (with a few very poor blurred photos I might add) and then sets about attacking fellow competitors I find it the whole thing distasteful and very unsporting indeed.
As usual its those that bemoan 'bike snobbery' that have ruffled my feathers. If they can't appreciate the time and effort that has gone into research, parts hunting, and the skills that go into restoring a bike (and I don't mean sending a frame away with a signed blank cheque) then why the hell should we share our work? I wonder what would happen if someone with a mega expensive one off Ritchey started spamming the thread with insults to everyone elses efforts? Quite rightly he would be rebuked. But it's just fine and dandy when someone enters a badly photographed BSO does it eh?

Yeah, I'm a flower. But I also like to think, this being a competition that a certain amount of sportsman-like behaviour should be observed.

Si

ps. I still like PeteMcc btw.

:shock: :shock: :shock: (and I don't mean sending a frame away with a signed blank cheque) :shock: :shock: :shock:

OUCH........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back