1991 Specialized M2 Team Project

JustKev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
I'd been looking for a project almost as soon as I finished my C-26 but I didn't really know what to do. The key factor was that it should be a rider.

My first MTB was a 1988 Rockhopper and I sold 100s of Specialized in the early 90's so I always had an an affection for the bikes. Obviously the M2 Team was the ultimate. Then this bike popped up on ebay.com with a relatively low BIN and in my size :D

Certainly needs some tlc but I think it'll be worth it:

M2i.jpg

M2ii.jpg

M2ix.jpg

In Europe the M2 Team was silver so thats how I'll paint it. I've sourced new decals fom Gil and Ameybrook and the build should come together pretty easily as most of the Suntour XC Pro groupset is there.

More to come.

Kev

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thats funny...just picked up the same bike. Same color, smaller size.

KB11's got one of the cleaner M2's to use as a template.

rumpfy":2vc1p9pe said:

KB11's got one of the cleaner M2's to use as a template.

Ken's is mint! That will look pretty good in silver with the Umma Gumma stuff Kev

nice one! its big allright. friends rode them bitd, def one of the best aluminium hardtails out there. the M2's got insanely light and stiff. perhaps too stiff..

rumpfy":1n4uzxat said:

Now how is that funny?

Kev, you should make this a "build thread." Photos of bikes with no tires, uncut cables, etc. ;)

Back