A few parts I'm not sure I'm going to use.

messiah

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When I saw these bits and bobs for sale I had to have them, but now they languish in a drawer because i'm just not sure I want to go this far with the bike: I want to ride it and not have any problems.

X-Lite spinsticks blue Titanium Quick Releases These feel far too light to ever work properlyand the Salsa's on it work so well.

yrjznz.jpg

Bullseye Red Jocky Wheels Why ruin my shifting? Ceramic bush jockeys don't seize up after a wet ride like the cartridge bearings do.

yrjzp3.jpg

Allintex Red Alloy SPD axles I probably will fit these one day but I know it's fiddly, and my XT spuds are brilliant at the moment so why mess with them?

yrjzp1.jpg

SRP Red alloy Crank Bolts Not sure I want to risk fitting these.

yrjzp5.jpg

Blue Pace Renthal Sub130 Handlebar – trimmed to 19-1/2â€

.........and those red bits would look just right on my RTS.

So, when do you want my address?? :LOL:

No, Messiah doesn't want to sell. If he wanted he would post them in 'For Sale' with a price tag attached. Right Messiah?

Elev12k":3g0tapuf said:
No, Messiah doesn't want to sell. If he wanted he would post them in 'For Sale' with a price tag attached. Right Messiah?

mmm in my experience this forum is used at times for people to put items up in the vague hope they might be persuaded to sell items they otherwise might have kept for no reason! i have bout 5-6 items from this forum in the past few month in exactly this way.

Hi,

I doubt whether it is Messiahs intention to sell, but if it is "vague hope" isn't a good justification for putting something somewhere in the forums up for sale without a pricetag.

Billinjah, I am sure you be able to find your items through the common route as well ...if only everybody went that route. It is our task as a moderator to keep an eye on that. This to give everybody equal chances and to have sales proceed in the most honest way.

Sorry. If I wanted to sell I would have them in the for sale section.

As I stated they are items I bought for the build but either haven't used yet or am swithering on. I thought it would be entertaining for you fellow retro lovers to see some of them :roll:

I particularly like the SPD collars, Of the six pairs of SPD pedals I have on various bikes four have broken plastic collars that mean the pedals are hard or impossible to service. The XT's on the Lloyd are in the best condition and unfortunately are the only ones these collars fit :cry:
I will fit them... but I need to be in the mood to faff with very small balls :oops:

The SRP alloy crank bolts I was kind of looking for advice on - can I fit these and still use the bike. From what I remember I have to bed the cranks in for a good few rides with normal bolts and then put these on.

Bullseye jockeys - will these ruin the shifting?

Union Jack saddle - will it look naff?

Cheers, B.

Bullseye jockey wheels will totally mess with your shifting :LOL: Nah, don't really know but they'd be good on my singlespeed :cool: Not much chance of messing the shifting on there, hopefully :?

Back