94' Dawes Special Edition FOR SALE No 4 of 250 SOLD

Matncharlie

Retro Newbie
For Sale is my lovely 94' Dawes Special Edition, i aquired the bike a few years ago from a local garage sale and save for 1 local ride to Cannock Trails it has just sat in the shed.
I have tried to research the bike and its history and few times and the only information i can find was on this site, user EasyRider has one and the information he has posted has been most helpful for me to indentify exactly what the bike is and what the spec was.
I believe the bike is 100% original bar the pedals which are just standard cheap ones, the only part i can see which is missing are the bar ends but im sure they could be sourced easily and cheaply.

Some spec of the bike;
Original spec new
Reynolds 501 Custom Dawes Tubing
Spinner made Tange double butted forks
Full STX Special Edition Groupset (the original one, which later became STX-RC)
Campag Stheno rims
Kalloy seatpost / stem
Vetta SL saddle
27lb

The bike is great fun to ride, light, fast and responsive, i could not believe that it was 17 years old!. It certainly attracted alot of attention at the trail centre.

For more info and pictures of another bike id seriously recomend checking out EasyRiders post relating to his one.

Payment via paypal (gift) or cash on collection, i am located in Redditch, Worcestershire but it would be possible for me to deliver within 50 mile radius if required?.

This is my first posting on this site so i dont have any feedback ratings, but i have sold lots of other items on eBay- please check out my feedback there user matncharlie- 100% feedback over 200+ items.

I have taken lots of photos of the bike, so if you would like additional pictures then let me know and ill email you some.

The bike is in excellent condition for its age, it has been used so there are the odd scratch/scrape to the frame but everything works as it should, all wheels 100% true, tyres have good tread depth but the Onza Porc has slight cracking appearing on the sidewalls. The brake pads i believe are still the originals but could do with replacement shortly if you intend to use the bike regularly.

I hope ive given you enough info, but if ive missed something just message me and ill reply as soon as i can.

Price £250 Now reduced to £200 or would consider swap for modern (ish) hardtail trails centre type MTB.
[/img]
SOLD £170

Attachments

• IMG_1314.jpg
    IMG_1314.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 1,488
  • IMG_1317.jpg
    IMG_1317.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 1,485
  • IMG_1341.jpg
    IMG_1341.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 1,486
  • IMG_1327.jpg
    IMG_1327.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 1,486
I like that a lot :cool:

Do you have some frame dimensions, seatpost c-c and top tube c-c would be good.

Where abouts are you based?

Chris.

Hi Chris,

I will get it back out of the shed in the morning and get the tape measure out for you, I'd say it's about the same as a 18inch modern MTb sizing, I'm 6"1 and it fits perfect.

I'm based in redditch.

Matt

Looks as if it has rack mounts at top of seat tubes, so I assume 'grd eyes at rear and fork drop outs?

It's very pretty!

Back