Carlton Corsa shed find

Thats should come up fine, looks like sometime around 75/76.

A nice find and well worth preserving. I have a couple of this model in this colour and love them to bits.

Thanks mike,I'm hoping t cut will get the rust off,when he told me it was award winning I thought it was better, but I'm not scared of a little elbow grease :eek:

10 speed too!

Here's my green Corsas, both 75 vintage.

CORSA23_2.jpg

P6220188.jpg

And how they were back in the 70s!
1974corsa.jpg

Just for info.........thank god they made it in another colour than green :)

Green bikes were a nightmare to sell as they were, well, green..which is a very unlucky colour :(

We tried to keep a few green bikes about the shop like the rudge decendants and the Raleigh 20 but usually kept clear :)

Shaun

Midlife":315ce65x said:
Just for info.........thank god they made it in another colour than green :)

Green bikes were a nightmare to sell as they were, well, green..which is a very unlucky colour :(

We tried to keep a few green bikes about the shop like the rudge decendants and the Raleigh 20 but usually kept clear :)

Shaun

The Corsa was also available in a copper flamboyant too around this time - very fetching. The earlier version with imichrome decals was available in poly mauve. Carlton just stirred the colours around from time to time. I have 3 green Carltons, two Corsas and a Continental - would say it ws unlucky though! :LOL: Although I did get hit up the arse riding the Continental many years ago by a total fool trying to get past me on a roundabout!

yeh looks like i read it wrong ..........................

Note: the last cycles were made at Worksop in May 1981 and would thus have been WG1xxxxxx, however Raleigh continued to use the W prefix for Nottingham built Carltons for several more years.

Back