2011 Surly Pugsley Fat Bike

managed to get out briefly this week, been in agony with a bad back, so was nice to blow the cobwebs off myself and the fat bike.......the wind was shocking!!!!!

first ride was down the local canal (ulverston) to see if the tide was out.....fat chance, the heavy rain has flooded fields and the tide level was higher than normal :?

IMG_1888.jpg

the island in the pic below can, at low tide, be accessed on foot!

IMG_1887.jpg

climbing the local monument you can see signs of winter storms and flood damage, the snow capped mountains are not visible due to cloud.....

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

views are great though, this is less than 1 mile from my girlfriends front door :cool:

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

glad the back is a bit better ;) i know haw painfull a bad back can be, got run over by a BMW a few years back

bet you are looking forward to the moonlander landing

cant wait to see pics of it and ride reports from you.

have sold my stumpie now so just need to choose what fat bike to go for, am very tempted by the black ops pug.

take care of the back

stubbsy :D

What is like in mud. I think of Thetford forest after heavy rain. It gets pretty claggy and Epping Forest a permanent mire and a normal bike struggles in those cases. Would the Pugsley fair any better or would it get bogged down in deep mud.

I think a SS version of one of these would be good as I do not see it as a hill climber.

they are decent in mud, you get further than a normal bike.

fitted with surly nate tires they are meant to be unreal in the mud, the nates are like motorcross tires :LOL:

That bike is brilliant. great pic's to :cool: :cool: The size of those wheels & boots is totally mad.
Must be totally different ride to a normal mtb.

its the only bike i have rode for the last 2 months put it that way :cool:

my new. even fatter, but lighter one is coming this month :twisted:

Back