Bottom Bracket fitting grease..?

PhilStone

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'll soon be building up my new frame and was wondering whether the RC7 I already have would be any good for greasing the threads on the bottom bracket?

Cheers!

Fork grease? Probably a tad thin but i dont see why it wouldnt work really. The threads will just push most of it out and its just thick enough for the threads to retain what it needs i reckon.

iv used rc7 on all of mine and my friends builds and never had a problem installing or removing yet :)

Oh that may be a different ball game. Not sure about the ins and outs of carbon grease but at work we use a special 'grease' (think its gritted or something) but thats for seatposts so you dont have to over torque the seatclamp i guess.
Maybe some chemicals in some greases could react with the epoxy used for the carbon?
Maybe i have no idea what im talking about?

Is it bb30?
I have done a couple bb30's and just used standard grease. This is only in the past few months though so cant judge long term effects.

Well the part in the frame that the BB screws into I presume must be alloy - I was just saying that in respect to using copper slip.

All documentation says to use lithium grease so surely RC7 must be safe to use?

Back