Pub bike Dawes Jaguar

hirameuser

Retrobike Rider
I Bought this in 1995-6 as a bike for around town and going down the pub (4 miles away), as I did not want to use my MTB or Road bike loaded with s 600 bits as there was nothing solid to lock them up to.

It was for sale in a bike shop in old stevenage Paid £50.00 for it and it looked like it hadn't done more than 20-30 miles.

A Dawes Jaguar complete with mudguards, 531 frame tubes, weinman brakes, suntour ar/solida drive line and maillard wheels. Came from john howes & sons cambridge.

All I have changed in the time I have had it is tyres, bb, pedals and rear block/chain with lower gearing for cornwall where I now live.

I think it is about early to mid 80's age but if you have more idea please let me know.

Cheers Phil

Attachments

• jag1.jpg
    jag1.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 2,727
  • jag2.jpg
    jag2.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 2,728
  • jag3.jpg
    jag3.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 2,728
I had the same bike from new as a teenager, purchased in that colour scheme in about 1987/8. It cost about £300 new and I saved long and hard and forfeited birthday and Christmas presents to get it.

Great bike and I was the envy of my mates who either couldn't ride anywhere without spinning thier legs off on thier bmx's or were still riding grifters and the like.

Still got the frame and forks (and probably most of the other bits if I trawled around my parents sheds) but it wasn't the same after I put it full speed in to the back of a stationary car. Lesson to all, keep your head up!

Thanks for the info monkey plumber I thought it must be around mid 80's.
They do ride well, this one is basicly stock appart from BB, saddle and granny cogs on the back as I now live in cornwall.

Cheers Phil

Back