rBoTM December 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
wired99":1i4pn5cl said:
what's with black stems all of a sudden? :)

Fashion is often cyclical. In the early 80's it seemed as if everybody wanted black anodized components, now with the overdose of black seen in all the carbon parts, there is now a return for many people to alloy finishes.

Nice Masi!

Citoyen du monde":37o7bcnz said:
As for the bottle cage, it dates from the 1980's and is made by REG. Perfectly in keeping with the other components. This was also the model that was favoured by Colnago at the time but the Colnago ones generally had a clover leaf cut-out. They were prohibitively expensive back in the day (at least for my budget).

Here is Colnago-cage I own and what I know it is made by ALE.

4259930722_d177da9556_z.jpg

4259174997_e6a134e88d_z.jpg

Gazelle AA super

Having seen Citoyen du mondes entry i'm not sure why i'm bothering doing this but what the heck,here is my rare '83 Gazelle AA super,short wheelbase model with the indented seat tube.equipped with Dura Ace AX and finished off with a Concor Profil to keep with the early '80's aero theme.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68387844@N ... hotostream

sorry about the link,it's the only way i can get the pics up!

Citoyen du monde":y080eyt9 said:
Please have at the bike. Any scrutiny/nit-picking is welcome.

Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but what's the background of Maasi?
Is it an Italian brand? Or Spanish? Any connection to Masi/Massi? Not come up with much searching the internet.

Johnny

Re: Gazelle AA super

readview":3hwa1sgv said:
Having seen Citoyen du mondes entry i'm not sure why i'm bothering doing this but what the heck,here is my rare '83 Gazelle AA super,short wheelbase model with the indented seat tube.equipped with Dura Ace AX and finished off with a Concor Profil to keep with the early '80's aero theme.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68387844@N ... hotostream

sorry about the link,it's the only way i can get the pics up!

Great entry, Readview. Did you acquire that bike complete or is it result of years or months of collecting?

6498673439_dd60dfd9dc_b.jpg

6498674983_a58e9e9e4a_z.jpg

Thanks Mel,bought the frame from the U.S,the rest of the bits were bought over a long period,i decided on AX because of the top mounted braze on for the shifters but did rather make a rod for my own back as the AX stuff is murder to get hold of in decent nick :)

You even got the bars :cool: Chapeau

Did it really hurt to acquire the hoods?

Hurt like you would not believe :shock: ,got the bars/stem/levers off a guy in New Zealand via classic rendevous,the hoods are quire dry though,got any tips for rejuvenating them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back