1997 Peugeot Teamline Columbus Genius

Tuckerjenkins

Senior Retro Guru
Hi again,
i bought this lovely Peugeot Teamline Columbus Genius frameset off ebay for a very good price - basically as new:

KGrHqYOKnUE49qmmmGhBORoz4tOB0_12-1.jpg

however apart from on one of my bikes i'm not really a fan of quill stems so had wanted the forks changed to threadless aheadset. I took them to C and G in Liverpool - due to the fact they were unicrown forks they couldn't be converted....
I phoned up Steve Goff in Lancashire and 3 months later and a few quid too! i took receipt of a custom pair of columbus (nirvachrom) threadless fillet brazed forks.
They were sprayed to match the frame and i also got the Kelly stem and spacers painted at the same time.

The bike is not fully finished - needs all the cables adjusting and forks cutting downa bit more too but i'm nearl there.....
Let me know what you think.
PS check out the seatpost clamp!!! :xmas-big-grin:

10122011358.jpg

10122011359.jpg

10122011362.jpg

10122011363.jpg

Nice project, tubing, colour, build, clamp - all great stuff. The clamp is like we know from the Vitus bikes. It is new for me that it works icw a carbon post.

it was a bad move using the carbon post - likely to break using this clamp. luckily i didn't ride it (apart form round the block)
it will be replaced with a team selcof (original spec) - painted red of course :cool:

Back