1996 GT Edge - Reynolds Frame - Updating

Brettels is the paint original? Blue frame with a number plate hanger...wonder if that was a Team Shaklee frame as the number plate hangers were not stock on the standard frames sold through the Tech Shop usually only put on sponsored team frames.

otherself":21z0d3tp said:
Looks nice.

Why couldn't you get a bottom bracket? All you need is a 113mm square taper one for the 600 cranks. Here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealed-BB-Bot ... 6673924ac4

Sorry, meant to say I couldn't get the bottom bracket off, so I had to leave it for now.....

Have a square taper BB and Ultegra 600 crankset ready for it...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
GT Edge 1996

gm1230126":3jyk65l1 said:
Brettels is the paint original? Blue frame with a number plate hanger...wonder if that was a Team Shaklee frame as the number plate hangers were not stock on the standard frames sold through the Tech Shop usually only put on sponsored team frames.

Hey GM..........paint is original so with the hanger and all the Reynolds stickers, must of been a team bike at some stage....

As I picked it up at an op-shop, I have no idea of the history......

GT Edge Steel

Decals look original...... doesn't look like an after market job...

Serial no is - GTS 9602

I'll take some more images when I get home tonight.....

GT Edge

Ok......

Have managed to get hold of some 8 speed 7400 series Dura Ace parts for the bike....

Rear and Front Derailleur

Front and Rear Brakes

STI Brake/Shifters

Now on the look out for a Crankset........but still the same problem getting the bottom bracket off to be able to change it over......

What kind of BB is in it? Cartridge or cups. Yuo need to fasten the tool to the BB with the crank arm bolt and a washer or spacer and get a pipe over the wrench and it'll go. If alloy cups in steel it could be galled. Ten remove the seat post and fill the BB with a coke or PB blaster and let it sit a couple days and then put the four foot pipe over to toll it will come.

GT Edge

The bottom bracket is the newer Cup design....

Will give the pipe trick a go if I can fasten it on.....

Tanks

Re: GT Edge Steel

gm1230126":3k3faoj4 said:
Brettels":3k3faoj4 said:
Decals look original...... doesn't look like an after market job...

Serial no is - GTS 9602

I'll take some more images when I get home tonight.....

You sure it's not GTE 9602?

Its GTS - See attached image, hopefully you can see it clearly.....

Attachments

• Edge Serial Number.jpg
    Edge Serial Number.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1,622
Back