Dablk's 95' Orange E3

dablk":u10tvht1 said:
Do you mean orange fade with the orginal polised in the middle? I was thinking about that the other day and thought it would look pretty mental.

Na, all painted, as i mentioned it was pretty rough so justified painting it, i would'nt paint a nice frame like yours ;), besides i already have a polished Zaskar, keeping two polished bikes looking nice would be too much hard work :LOL:

SAM_0249.jpg

Here's my old single speed E3, frame is stashed in the loft, has a tiny crack in the headtube, may still build it up again someday.

e3.jpg

NIce Jimmy, Would have been tempted to get a red headsticker to tigh in on the ss ;) You dont by chance know what the chain line was when you setup the single speed? current stxrc cranks with the bb which i havent looked at yet runs about 53. which seems a little wide... but then again the tubes are quite fat so it might need it.

Yeah defo no plans on spraying this one.. as you say polishin is goona be almost evil fun. thanks for the photos. They confirmed to me that there was a 34.9 version of that seat clamp. I had only seen p7 with one. Now just have to hunt one down. This currently has a very nice but not original quick release.

Will try and tackle the SS5 levers this week they were a good price and in great mech nick and i could stick them straight on... but theyre a little scuffed and you forget with this older stuff..once its on its on.

So parts hunt 1 have arrived! Very happy.
E3Parts1.jpg

I did have a set of s/h dia-compes that i was going to respray but then saw a nos set with the old skool rubber covers so went for them. All rest is XT M737. Also has the option of a 32h front hub so went for that and will make it a 32/36 build. Still think i'm going to try 2012 xm317's. Saw a set built on modern hubs and tbh they arent ott on the stickers.

Hopefully got a smoke/dart and a set of m739 shifters on hold while the mess that is my paypal account gets sorted out.

Current chainline is 54mm...anyone think this is too wide?

Got these for my E3 (Deceased)
I thought they'd look great with it - but never got the chance to find out :(
main.php

main.php

dablk":2khkcktw said:
NIce Jimmy, Would have been tempted to get a red headsticker to tigh in on the ss ;) You dont by chance know what the chain line was when you setup the single speed? current stxrc cranks with the bb which i havent looked at yet runs about 53. which seems a little wide... but then again the tubes are quite fat so it might need it.

Er, no idea, i just threw it together and it worked :)

Axle on the BB i used was 110mm if that helps, that was with the White Industries cranks in the pic, those will be about the same offset as the STX ones, clearance was ok though i was'nt worried about a granny ring.

May be safer with a 113 BB axle considering you will be full geared.

hi carge... yeah those looked good on a p7 i once saw. Shame yours wasnt the deal you thought it was going to be.

Cheers Jimmy, will see how it goes. Porbably going to be post xmas now before any further progress.

Bit to update. Got most of the parts... save the damn rims which for some "festive reason" are taking an eternity to get here from CRC. Still at least my spokes have arrived. So I hope to be swimming in wheelbuilding by the weekend.

Got most of the parts ready to go with some dart/smoke tyres (ignor the wheels and saddle)
e32.jpg

Also added the new stickers to the hotrod bars, which have brought them to life. Got the brake blocks, just dont see the point of setting them up untill I have the exact wheels on the bike.
e33.jpg

Still not chosen a saddle. Old Flites seem so damn expensive compared to just buying a modern one! I know i said no bling...yes the bottle cage bolts are orange.

Still looking for the OE seat clamp if anyone has one, 34.9. and some barrels for the gear shifters.

Coming along just lovely is this!

Not seen Hot Rod decals like that before, though? The letters were just outlined rather than filled in, no?

IMG_0767.jpg

005-4.jpg

Will be superb when it's finished :cool:

Dossa":1adgoav9 said:
Coming along just lovely is this!

Not seen Hot Rod decals like that before, though? The letters were just outlined rather than filled in, no?

IMG_0767.jpg

005-4.jpg

Will be superb when it's finished :cool:

Looking good, where did the HotRod decals come from? i have two C16R's both with HotRods with very faded logos :( would love to get some to spruce them up, both filled in and lined look cool, would be great if you could help,

Jussa :)

Great build on the bike aswell, looking very shiney :cool:

Cheers folks,

New decals came with the bar from another member. The bar was originally as you have described but as logos where faded so I added these new ones. Defo aftermarket as they aren't quite the same size as the old ones. Will have a dig thru my pm and try and rem which mem sold me the bar.

Sure Gil would take about 3 secs to alter his replica design if you asked him.

Back