98 GT Fillet Brazed Psyclone *FINISHED PICS*

gm1230126":k9pgoejc said:
I just couldn't bring myself to put anymore of that gawd awfuk grey blue XTR stuff on there. Butt ugky in my opinion and I'm an old schooler that started riding mountain bikes in 82. I could/may switch it to a 98 Judy and XT v-brakes which would still look decent I guess.

Yes I understand where you are coming from although I think M950 series XTR looks right on this frame as its how I remember them when they were new.

The 98 XT group would look pretty good as the silver will go with the cranks.

andrewl":2xfgch41 said:
Yes I understand where you are coming from although I think M950 series XTR looks right on this frame as its how I remember them when they were new.

The 98 XT group would look pretty good as the silver will go with the cranks.

How can you remember them when new when they were only sold as framesets? Cyclones / Psyclones have never been sold as a complete bike :? Maybe I'll try the XT's, too bad shimano ruined XTR with the blue/grey ano.

another stunner........., what a beautiful collection too... :cool:

Stunning bike gm. And a great Psyclone family you have there!
I like the GT crankset so much! Where are they? Never see these on marketplaces? All in your barn? :)

Irv/Guys thanks so much for the comments. GT actually had a couple different styles of three piece atb cranks they sold over the years. They we're usually pictured in their catalogs but not many dealers sold them so you don't see them pop up for sale very often. The thing I like about them is they work great with an XTR lower profile 107mm BB. I've managed to locate five sets in three different arm styles in the past 8 years. A couple came from former GT employees. Have another new Cyclone on the stand at the moment with another style of GT cranks on it that I had never seen before. Build thread coming on that soon. Need to get some wheels built today and string the cables.

nice bike love the psyclones
what travel are these designed for?
i have one that never felt right. i tried non corrected rigid, 60mm xfly 80mm sid and about to try the 100mm bomber sl

i have had my frame since 99 and it held up well to riding for 5 years of constant riding. no worries about durability but im a blouse.

can anyone answer this?

Back