Show us (your) 80's mountain bikes !

rumpfy":3u09mytk said:
I'll throw a bone...

All currently mine, all get ridden.

1986 fillet brazed Salsa Custom.
2c1587e4.jpg

Not sure how I missed this, but this is perfection.
This is simply retrobike personified to me. I'd walk a long way to swing a leg over that :cool:

makster":tgslgpxv said:
rumpfy":tgslgpxv said:
I'll throw a bone...

All currently mine, all get ridden.

1986 fillet brazed Salsa Custom.
2c1587e4.jpg

This is simply retrobike personified to me. I'd walk a long way to swing a leg over that :cool:

:LOL:
I take it you speak of the bike and not the owner. The owner would be the anti-retrobike personified :twisted:

btw, this is one of my all-time favorite threads; nice to see it brought back to life :cool:

mikee":3eb06iaj said:
redlines
were they US made frames or asian pat?
The factory was in Southern California at that time- So, made in the US-it was moved up to Washington in '88. 1986 was the year they first made a MTB, with the Conquest.

makster":7q6khwfy said:

Hey thanks man, glad you like. :)

GoldenEraMTB":7q6khwfy said:
I take it you speak of the bike and not the owner. The owner would be the anti-retrobike personified :twisted:

Ha ha, suck it GoldenShower. :p

The purchase of my tall FUCHSIA retro-preserved gal and in combination of finding this thread has opened up a new door in my life. I mean, these bikes you guys are posting are pieces of art. I am a late 70's -early 80's bike generation guy who grew up in the states (...born in 1968...) but it seems that my mind is blank and suddenly you guys have inspired me. Its funny cause i never thought that looking at these photos it would be like looking at 70's muscle cars......!! Its good to be here..... "Pavlos"[/img]

rumpfy":3f91q343 said:
makster":3f91q343 said:

Hey thanks man, glad you like. :)

If you notice it missing, it's because I've cyber stolen it and it now lives on my desktop :D

First Official Ride

Yup... her first ride under the 21st century Sunday sun...

Attachments

• IMG00195.JPG
    IMG00195.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 2,733
  • IMG00196.JPG
    IMG00196.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 2,733
  • IMG00197.JPG
    IMG00197.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 2,733

Latest posts

Back