'97 Dirt Research Kenai

cornholio's RC200

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here's the latest project. Tom Teesdale had something to do with these down the line; this isn't his work but apparently it's "designed and made in America" and appears to have been put together by a chap called "Ken" if the stamping by the frame number is to be interpreted that way. There's certainly no TET number.

It is however Columbus Nivacrom EL OS and is stupidly light for a steel frame so I'm going to see what I can do with it. This is the frame which I had questions about in the Chat section with a 'stud' thing above the bb which now I think is something to do with an e-type mech. I've got one of those on the way so I guess I'll find out in a couple of days.
Hoping to do a "running commentary" on this build but I'm not very good with that so expect to see the complete thing in a few months :LOL:

Here's the (appalling iPhone) pics:

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

Lovely looking frame if only I had had the money :(

Will make a fantastic project :D

Keeping my eye on this one :D

cornholio's RC200":1g7i9m92 said:
appears to have been put together by a chap called "Ken" if the stamping by the frame number is to be interpreted that way.
^_^. That's short for Kenai.

:facepalm: That'll be it then. How embarrassing. Oh well, won't affect the build. At the moment going for a "retro-sort of mod" thing so we'll see.

First bits starting to arrive :D

A rather nice set of Judy SL

8a0511ea.jpg

A NOS E-type XT front mech.... Might not use this yet as it's causing me no end of grief with getting a bottom bracket. But still.. it looks nice

0dd7e748.jpg

Looks like this at the moment (very poor iPhone shot).

50cd0483.jpg

Also have a set of Mavic Crosslinks and a Syncros post ready to fit at an opportune time.... Excitement building!

> Tom Teesdale had something to do with these down the line; this isn't his work but apparently it's "designed and made in America"
A week and a half ago, I contacted Tom Teesdale via his website to ask how much involvement he had with this frame. I've not had a response.

On another thread http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=618002 , utahdog2003 opines that it would have been manufactured overseas. jokamp responds that it was designed by TT but fabricated elsewhere.

Back