BoTM December 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
gm1230126":22t7agoq said:
As I said long ago, entries and vote. Comments can be made when the voting's over Posting ones bike only to have three of his friends log in and quote so the pics reappear for a page and a half hogging the thread and all this bantering ruin it. I think it's fun but entries, votes and outcome is what it should be and no commenting until the voting's over. JMO nothing more.

That is sensible, and would cut out the spats. But it would also remove virtualy all sense of competition from the thing.

The eventual outcome would be that everyone dutifully posts a pic or two of their latest favourite, then votes for themselves. Okay - that's the extreme scenario, but you would certainly get a massive field with a couple of votes for each and no real sense of a contest.

If you submit a bike for public approval and rating, you should expect to attract criticism as well as plaudits. That way, only bikes whose owners are confident in their offering will get entered - and you don't need any formal pre-qualification nonsense.

yeti-man":1tl40fnt said:
band of brothers

Talking of Band of Brothers, I had a baseball bat delivered to me yesterday thats been signed by 'Wild' Bill Guarnere and 'Babe' Heffron! :cool:

Ooops, have I taken this away from voting for old bikes?

makster":3viixzrv said:
yeti-man":3viixzrv said:
band of brothers

Talking of Band of Brothers, I had a baseball bat delivered to me yesterday thats been signed by 'Wild' Bill Guarnere and 'Babe' Heffron! :cool:

... U left out th self promoting part ;-)

yeti-man":1a3idwy5 said:
makster":1a3idwy5 said:
yeti-man":1a3idwy5 said:
band of brothers

... U left out th self promoting part ;-)

Bugger. I'm amazing, vote for me!!

doctor-bond":uknase06 said:
gm1230126":uknase06 said:
As I said long ago, entries and vote. Comments can be made when the voting's over Posting ones bike only to have three of his friends log in and quote so the pics reappear for a page and a half hogging the thread and all this bantering ruin it. I think it's fun but entries, votes and outcome is what it should be and no commenting until the voting's over. JMO nothing more.

That is sensible, and would cut out the spats. But it would also remove virtualy all sense of competition from the thing.

The eventual outcome would be that everyone dutifully posts a pic or two of their latest favourite, then votes for themselves. Okay - that's the extreme scenario, but you would certainly get a massive field with a couple of votes for each and no real sense of a contest.

If you submit a bike for public approval and rating, you should expect to attract criticism as well as plaudits. That way, only bikes whose owners are confident in their offering will get entered - and you don't need any formal pre-qualification nonsense.

Your forgetting how many different people post in this thread every month, what maybe 75 and there's over 150 votes. So it won't be everybody voting for their own. There are clearly standouts every month.

Just home from a long afternoon ride (and a lengthy walk) and figured what better time to upload my entry. For your consideration, my '97 STS DS complete with mud and flat tire.

Who said these beasts don't get ridden?

Attachments

• 2011-12-10 17.34.55.jpg
    2011-12-10 17.34.55.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 673
  • 2011-12-10 17.33.21.jpg
    2011-12-10 17.33.21.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 673
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back