BoTM December 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a shame people are calling bikes crap,
maybe the rules should define what makes a bike crap.
maybe even have a crap b.o.t.m.
again i'll vote for the bike i'd most like to own.
the merlin newsboy does it for me.

johntomjoe":3sisrsxt said:
im not expecting mine to get to no1,im just saying its not actually that crappy and will outlast your 'rare' overpriced and over polished mashines that dont get used :p

Really? I've entered my Schwinn Excelsior this month. Its 75 years old next year and still gets riden damn hard despite a lengthy and painstaking restoration.

EDITED

Try and keep things factual Pal.

johntomjoe":1n3eoimr said:
Yours being the exception I take it
How many of the others get ridden all the time PAL :cool:

I'm far from being the exception mate, I'd say a fair percentage get used. Out on retrobike rides i see many ex BoTM contenders actually. Last years Bike of the Year, Mark's Alpinestars Ti Mega gets hammered most weekends and has been raced a few times since winning too.

I think it is hugely judgemental to presume that as a bike is in lovely condition it doesn't get used. And remember most of the bikes entered will have been specially fettled and polished before the entry photos were taken.

If you go out on rdes you see some stunning bikes, all being ridden hard.

Dr S":1gxj62c6 said:
johntomjoe":1gxj62c6 said:
Yours being the exception I take it
How many of the others get ridden all the time PAL :cool:

I'm far from being the exception mate, I'd say a fair percentage get used. Out on retrobike rides i see many ex BoTM contenders actually. Last years Bike of the Year, Mark's Alpinestars Ti Mega gets hammered most weekends and has been raced a few times since winning too.

+1

The majority of rides I've been on have had some amazing bikes being ridden. I've been out on rides with people from here where that ride was the first outing of a new finished restoration and they've hammered the bike.

I for one wouldn't vote for a bike in BoTM if I didn't think it was a rider.

BoyBurning":1aa2f9ft said:
Si:

2 photos only are still the rules for BOTM entries - whether making a point or not...

BB

Jesus.

We have some guy complaining that all the bikes are just show ponies, and now another complaining that there is a few photos of a dirty bike.

I'm going to introduce a new personal BoTM rule. Don't f**kin bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back