1995 Kona Cindercone

Maiden voyage today back from the bike shop. Few little tweaks to do, but pleased to say that it doesn't seem too big. I'm used to a long top tube so the reach seems spot on. Stem could do with having a bit less rise, but a Velocity stem has landed so it may sort that. Really pleased :)

1933f6b1.jpg

178336bc.jpg

866afb4e.jpg

Going on a night ride tomorrow so will see how it handles off-road!

Velocity stem has made a bit difference to the position on the bike, really plreased I changed it. Rides better and looks better. Need to look out for some off-road tyres now as the semi-slicks that are on it are ok for communiting but off-roading is needed :)

Tyres swopped to some 2.1 Speed Kings. Should hopefully provide a bit more grip in the wet. Also changed the 4 arm XT cranks (M739) to some 5 arm LX cranks (M539). Seems a bit more fitting.

Had bought some Judy FSX forks for this, but after un-wrapping them discovered one of the drop-outs had becomed detached. However, springs arrived for my Judy XC forks, so they're ready to fit.

Rojo's stolen my P2's, which gave me an excuse to fit the Judy XC forks. Picked up a WTB aheadset from Stif's eBay store, which promptly arrived next day. Got the Judy forks on now! Just need to pick up a more suitable ahead stem now, as I've had to fit a Kore one I had laying around and it's a bit chunky. Pics to follow :)

Haha, don't worry. Wanted the Judys on :)

Think I'll find something suitable at the shop. Just something cheap will do for now.

Ok cool look forward to pic's :cool:

The judys been rebuilt??

Yup. Changed the oil in the damper, fitted some new Kronos springs and given them a good regrease. Should be good to go :)

Back