BoTM December 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
In line with the discussion above I will enter my mid to late 80's Peugeot US Express barn find!!

Not even cleaned, but in spirit with the retro-thought! It's completely original with the original tires and ready to go.

More pics here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177721

GroteFoto-ILGVS36W.jpg

GroteFoto-HLNNYALR.jpg

stumpjumper1990":3vdybuck said:
In line with the discussion above I will enter my mid to late 80's Peugeot US Express barn find!!

Not even cleaned, but in spirit with the retro-thought! It's completely original with the original tires and ready to go.

I'm sorry Bart but you have brought this competition down to a new low - how could you enter a bike with a missing wheel reflector.

What is the world coming to? ;)

Khane":gvf28nlu said:
why is BOTM always populated by such snobs ?

Not, quite: it's populated by a very mixed field of entries, some of which draw comments from people who don't like crappy bikes.

The reason such people feel the need to comment on such dodgy entries is because it is a competition. That means that some of the bikes are better than others. Pointing out that some bikes are better than others is not snobbery.

The fact that the people who enter crappy bikes into this competition don't seem to realise that their bikes are a: crap, or b: being judged, devalues the whole thing.

Just because you have a bike and post it up for all to see doesn't make it good or worthwhile. Ask yourself - what makes your bike a contender? Why should it be judged as the best, or against the best? If you don't know then it's just spam.

but what gives you the right to call his bike crap ? surely that is down to the voting public ?

it gets ridden and he enjoys riding it, which is more than can be said for a large proportion of BOTM entries.

at the end of the day, i entered my bike as in MY eyes it is the winner (i think the same can be said by anyone entering into BOTM), otherwise i wouldn't bother entering and i'd leave this monthly topic to the never ridden garage queens to duke it out.

and there was me thinking this was all supposed to be a bit of fun.

well done the peugeot,
i know the activators shit and i did mis a f......g swear word from my sorry post,i see the snobs are biting again do they not understand.....ANYTHING GOES .......just waiting for the big cheeses comment,and seriously there are plenty of other non biased forums to join..............just thought you guys would like some diversity didnt think youd be afraid of an old activator

:cry:

oh and by the way even tho i ride a crappy bike,it takes all that my 100kg frame gives it,and behaves without moaning

it DOES come down to class ,i dont think my bike is the best or better than the others, but its mine and i will own it a lot longer than some of you and yours! :cool:

johntomjoe":2l0aamwu said:
oh and by the way even tho i ride a crappy bike,it takes all that my 100kg frame gives it,and behaves without moaning

it DOES come down to class ,i dont think my bike is the best or better than the others, but its mine and i will own it a lot longer than some of you and yours! :cool:

Hear, Hear!

Khane":3dpgzb4m said:
but what gives you the right to call his bike crap ? surely that is down to the voting public ?

it gets ridden and he enjoys riding it, which is more than can be said for a large proportion of BOTM entries.

at the end of the day, i entered my bike as in MY eyes it is the winner (i think the same can be said by anyone entering into BOTM), otherwise i wouldn't bother entering and i'd leave this monthly topic to the never ridden garage queens to duke it out.

and there was me thinking this was all supposed to be a bit of fun.

WELL SAID........FUN,FUN,FUN :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

johntomjoe":1bwa24i9 said:

Oh, in that case it's a super bicycle, and surely deserves many more votes than those rare and beautifully-made machines that have been painstakingly restored by knowledgeable and patient enthusiasts.

.... Pull the udder one.

did i say it deserves more votes,this reminds me of all the garaged coopers that only came out for shows and their concours awards....they were pissed of when my mini 30 got car of the show

im not expecting mine to get to no1,im just saying its not actually that crappy and will outlast your 'rare' overpriced and over polished mashines that dont get used :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back