BoTM December 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
trek_y":31hu54v0 said:
I sooo wanted to vote for your Activator Jussa but even if it had stayed in the running that Newsboy is stunning ! Love it ! Have to comment also on Ringo's festive Dekerf too. Great colours just needs a nice snowy scene to make the perfect RB Christmas card ?

Aw cheers mate, was gutted at having to pull it out the running, and sadly my Orange C16R with your PACE Forks wont be ready in time :( will have to watch by the sideline and see who comes out victorious :)

BoTM is a fine and much-loved institution. It's where you go to get a fix of naked old school glory - much like page 3 of The Sun.

Imagine if you peeked inside and saw this:

gen_i_beq_lheros_santana_udder.jpg

You'd want your 30p back. Some bikes are just dross, no matter how poor or ironic you think you might be.

johntomjoe":26btgavf said:
'ANYTHING GOES' thats why my dross is here so sorry

+n

It's here, but it's not any good, is it? And if the only reason you've entered it is because you can, then that's a bit sad.

I'm curious, why did you think it would be a good contender in this competition?

why is BOTM always populated by such snobs ?

it's an anything goes month, and the bike ticks the right boxes to be allowed entry.

as much as i like the newboy and others, with the snobbery involved in almost all BOTMs i'm inclined to vote for the activator II out of pure rebellion.

ala rage against the xfactor.

doctor-bond":2s85262f said:
johntomjoe":2s85262f said:
'ANYTHING GOES' thats why my dross is here so sorry

+n

It's here, but it's not any good, is it? And if the only reason you've entered it is because you can, then that's a bit sad.

I'm curious, why did you think it would be a good contender in this competition?

Harsh words from the Dr!!!!! Retrobike is a forum for all, whatever your poison from budget rides to expensive garage queens, to daily hacks, and Race Ready Steeds, all tastes from the strange, sublime, chic to run-of-the-mill bikes. It should remain that way and not slide to bike snobbery!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back