Show us your Proflex........

Picture at Retro bash a few years back. It is now snug in the loft waiting for a bit more space to rebuild. Manage to get a bearing and bush rebuild kit for forks and frame and few months back.

Attachments

• Cannock_Beasty_Boy.jpg
    Cannock_Beasty_Boy.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,820
Here's my 855! Working on it at the moment!

GroteFoto-LGBZ834J.jpg

i miss my proflex (97 beast) :(

i have a beast front end (same as kneedowndeans) in the loft that may get sorted at some point.

Is the beast front end compatible with the 8 series (I think) carbon rear end? If so, wanna sell it? I have a carbon rear end sitting here as a bling-ornament.

Got any pics? Would like to see if the carbon rear end could be botched onto one :)

I guess what I'm asking is, is the swingarm pivot forward of, or rearward of the seat tube?

<edit> Ahh, should have read the whole post then I'd know the answer is 'no' - Doh!

In answer to your question - no the beast front end is not compatible with the carbon rear. Beasts have pivots behind the seat tube, carbons ahead of it.

Just wondering what the relative merits are of the pivot point moving about ? Seems Proflex couldn't make up its mind as early bikes 2's had it just forward of the BB then it went behind with the 5/6's then back in front again on the 7's.

I don't think it's that straightforward.

I'm building a 656 at the mo, with the pivot forward of the seat tube, but not forward enough to allow mounting of the longer carbon rear end. Perhaps if I wanted a 'limo-flex' it might work. Nice relaxed handling with a 2.5" longer wheelbase... ;)

Could be an interesting Proflex Dragbike. Strap on some mini jet turbines and slick tyres and you're good to go !

Back