Gazelle Champion Mondial AB

neuroportal

Retro Guru
Just finished!

Thanks to Peter V over on LFGSS for the frame and brakes, and a huge thank you to Tel for sacrificing the Ultegra groupset/wheels off his Panasonic. :)

That Sram block setup is really rather natty, I must say.

The bar tape was not intentionally that colour, It looked slightly different on WIggle. :/

DSCN0868.JPG

DSCN0869.JPG

Need to have a good ride now an make sure everything is as is...

Cheers!

58cm 531c frame - 600 mix throughout.

Chainset, front mech, hubs, brake levers and shifters are 6400.

Brakes and headset are 6200, thought they suited the bike well and kept them on, albeit not as good as the 6400 brakes.

600 Seatpost, 600 stem, cinelli bars, Wolber tx rims, Tel's SRAM block to 7 speed shimano conversion which seems to work well.

Finshed with MKS sylvan pedals however have the matchin 600 pedals, just the cages are a wee bit too short for me..:(

Looks good! Let us know how good it is after you've returned from your maiden ride.

Road nice indeed, apart from the cold yesterday morning, and the subsequent road filth accrued due to not yet fitting the crudcatchers. Interesting how it compared the Concorde I had previously. A lot 'whippier' IYSWIM. Apart from a couple of gear adjustment, an extra 5mm on the seat height and a brake mod, rode spot on. That shape of Cinelli bars is very nice indeed. Very comfortable.

It does look very nice indeed.

I would have to put the DP's on that I supplied you with as I'm a sucker for groupsets (albeit a mix of 6400 series). I chucked the pedals in as an after thought as I remebered having them kicking about for a while.

Are they the Crit bars I supplied you with too? Did the cables all fit straight on no probs? They look to be mine.

I actually have that exact bar tape in stock unused as it wasn't quite what I was expecting either....

Anyway I'm sure it's a great bike, I've ridden plenty of Gazelle's now and they never fail to put a smile on my face (thats quite an accomplishment as I'm a grumpy git!)

Like to take credit for the garden but that is down to the gardener. Though my talents lie in cutting the grass when directed...:)

Those are the Crit bars, yes. The cable is actually new a new Jagwire set, I thought about it and decided that since I was going through the effort of putting it all together I should use new cables.

The DPs, though they brake far better, I dunno, the SPs just seem to suit the bike far more than my guilt over not complete Tricolour. I do like the pedals. If I can get an XL cage to suit, or If I get some shoes that are not so long, (I have a pair of 46 that fit fine around the foot, but are too long. I am normally a 44) so at least I can get the ball of my foot over the axle. Otherwise I get pain after a while.

Anyhow, crudcatchers on now so more winter riding ensues...

Back