1991 Rocky Mountain Experience

Tonight's job. Measuring up where decals go so the new ones are placed just right.
Might take the old ones off but even though they are faded and tatty its sad to take the original ones off - over 20 years old!

f077d04a.jpg

67a3f00c.jpg

9569ee5c.jpg

Got these on the way (sorry for stealing pic nevadasmith!)

Finally!

b1a9e0fb.jpg

Also ordered some tasty bolts. :)

Not sure what to do about pedals. Shimano beartraps seem quite rare. And expensive. :-/

jamabikes":f622ez8f said:
me likey.

with the decals, just line up the out side edges with a bit of masking tape?

Yeah thats no problem, that's what I normally do, I just like them in the "factory" position. If it's not the same it's going to look a bit odd. Well to me anyway... :roll: :D

The big RM decal which stretches all the way along the down tube is going to be a nightmare to get straight. Not looking forward to it!! :cry:

Rob Atkin":vajh6riq said:
The big RM decal which stretches all the way along the down tube is going to be a nightmare to get straight. Not looking forward to it!! :cry:
Just lay down a long piece of masking tape along where the top edge of the decal (or backing paper) would be placed to guide you. You can move the tape around until it's straight, which you won't be able to do with the actual decal. ;)

Just pulled the BIN trigger on a NOS Shimano XT M736. I couldn't not get the XT as it was only £5 more than the DX. :-D

Rob Atkin":bo95a9tv said:
Not sure what to do about pedals. Shimano beartraps seem quite rare. And expensive. :-/

Define expensive. And which model XT beartraps? I've picked up a few XT M730 all around the $50 mark (£32). All decent condition, but definitely not NOS or minty.

As for decals, you can use a little bit of dish detergent and water and apply that on the frame. That way you can move the decal around and make some adjustments. But make sure you apply enough, or make adjustments quick enough so it doesn't dry out and your decals takes hold. ;)

RockiMtn":3jzk7x0j said:
Rob Atkin":3jzk7x0j said:

Define expensive. And which model XT beartraps? I've picked up a few XT M730 all around the $50 mark (£32). All decent condition, but definitely not NOS or minty.

I don't want the toe clip compatible versions, just "flat pedal" style. The ones I've seen so far have been quite worn and not cheap. :-/

I like these VP pedals.
6f71ac0a.jpg

Or maybe these Gusset Prosecutor trials pedals
ae31bf74.jpg

These look ok but no view from side on.
4e8ffe1b.jpg

Back