Torridon, 28th/29th April 2012

12 is a good number. Could book it out for ourselves and share the costs should we not get 12 to go?

12 is a high uptake for one of our wilderness rides, never mind one that is 5 hours from most Scottish cities.
Bothy run had 5, C2C had 8, Skye had 7 and Nevis had 6, they all look big until the date gets close. Do you know the discounted rate for full occupancy? happy to pay a bit more but wouldn't want to pay double which is possible.

Good idea, im a defo for this and it is only fair to book it out as sibjecting normal folk to the multple snore fest that we had at the nevis would be cruel in the extreme.

this snoring sounds epic, best remember and bring the ipod/wall of sound :LOL: :LOL:

zigzag":3h2n1nm5 said:
Can't imagine I'll be going particularly retro on it though, after reading that Singletrack thread I don't have a LT HT, so I reckon it'll be the Moho for me.

from my experience, on a HT with short travel no lockout, i was left feeling that my rigid gt would have done the job, probably better. I would have been able to climb more the the ascent to the balaech nan lice with rigid forks. the decent to Annat is long but not steep. Although there's a decent to achnashellach described in singletrack which i didn't do, my route had the fireroad on it.

RATBAGS :(

I just noticed the date clashes exactly with the European Single Speed Championships.

Now I need to make a descision :?

SW France in the Lot Valley by a village called Floressas. Stunning scenery and warmer weather than we'll get in Scotland..........oh dear think I might have already made my decision :oops:

Mind you its all down to cash so Torridon may still win :roll:

It was suggested, admittedly under alcoholic influence that Torridon might be rescheduled if Jamie Dyer and I preffered to attend the European Single Speed Champs on the same April weekend as the Torridon Trip. Jamie and I based on the entry list will be at the champs so the balls in your court guys. If you dont want to reschedule I have no problem ;)

Back