Le Mans

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well, I thought I wasn't going this year, but it appears I may be going in a bright yellow 70's VW bus...!

Looking forward to that.

So, who else is going then?

:D

Me! :)

Not with WRR by any chance? Just seems a coincidence that Guy started taking bookings last night!

Retro in all things...

Hope to be going to the Classic... more my vintage. Diesels whispering around are the death knell...

Mr K

Re: Retro in all things...

mrkawasaki":18tj11ow said:
Hope to be going to the Classic... more my vintage. Diesels whispering around are the death knell...

Mr K

yeah i hear that (or don't as the case may be :cry: )

what's WRR?

Hoping to get to both this year but there may be a clashing commitment on the main 24hr weekend :(

Looking forward to the classic though- just checked the entry list and my pal has got an entry in his Peerless!! Will make it extra special this year :LOL:

WRR- White Rabbit Racing?? Is it a guy called Guy?? is that the big bunch that take over the bottom part of beasejour??

Where you guys staying?? Apparently Maison Blanche is like the Somme this week- a right old mess due to the track extension.

Unfortunately I'll have to put up with Motors TV's coverage as usual :(

Andy B":qs3ly5y8 said:
Unfortunately I'll have to put up with Motors TV's coverage as usual :(

listen to Radio Le Mans on Globecast instead- I think you can get it on one of the satalite channels aswell. Its brilliant!

0001MB-1.jpg

The hallowed turf that was once our home every june :cry: :cry: :cry:

Peerless/Warwick GT

Any chance of a pick of the Peerless - I nearly bought one a couple of years ago... smashing looking cars IMHO! It's not the ex-Bolster one is it??

Mr K

Re: Peerless/Warwick GT

mrkawasaki":3u0dm6el said:
Any chance of a pick of the Peerless - I nearly bought one a couple of years ago... smashing looking cars IMHO! It's not the ex-Bolster one is it??

Mr K

Its not the Bolster car I'm affraid. I've got a pic somewhere, will have to dig it out. it was taken last summer at the support race of the main 24Hr race. Its in the paddock having its rear wing bodged back together with gaffer tape, self tappers, bits of wood and the bottom corner of a kitchen peddle bin!! iIt lost a wheel in practice, and then broke its fuel pipe on the warm up lap for the race and went no further :cry:
The funny thing is whilst all this backstreet low budget bodgery is taking place, a £1 million replica of Aston Martin Project 214 is parked upwind in the next bay- how the other half live Eh? You should have seen the fibreglass dust all over it by the time we had finished :LOL: :LOL:

Si

Dr S":365b5li4 said:
WRR- White Rabbit Racing?? Is it a guy called Guy?? is that the big bunch that take over the bottom part of beasejour??

Yup, that's us! Bigger bunch this year, still in BSJ, but a bit further up. :)

Back