Raleigh Banana lo-pro re-pro

kula":1c4jtv6x said:
so can I use a low pro with 650c front wheel in an open time trial or even a club 10?

If so perhaps I have been mis-informed. However I'm in no shape to do even a '10' so won't be worrying about it too much.

Yep, have a look on the CTT website at the current rules etc. It's only UCI registered events that have these silly rules in force.

http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/

You can even ride in a sleeveless and trade team jersey in club events.

Well, I think I'm right about the sleeveless jersey thing. It's to encourage triathletes - but still not allowed in open events.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread a bit - but we don't want to give people the wrong ideas about TT'ing!

thanks Old Ned, I was planning on selling it to part fund a carbony, but may have to come up with some other ploy.

Back to the thread now, top banana :LOL:

Fantastic looking bike ;)
I have my old Raleigh Panasonic Lo Pro which was built for me which I believe was/is the only Lo Pro done in the Panasonic Team colours and nickel plated/Chrome rather than the usual white as on my Team 753 ;)
Just purchased Cadel Evans actual Tour Colnago Time Trial bike from 2002 from a collector. Looking forward to racing both this year ;)
Fitness levels permitting - not raced/riden for 20+ years :oops:

Just a little more re the Macdonalds bike, there has been a fair bit of discussion regarding the bike on the Raleigh Team Pros group on Yahoo that covers the team pro bikes manufactured at Ilkston and feature some of the most knowledgeable guys regarding their history.
The Macdonalds bike was made at Ilkston at the SBDU (Special Build Development Unit) the SB on the serial number is the giveaway.
Its not Malcolm Elliots bike and never was - one of the members wrote to him to ask! and his reply is pretty clear.
Furthermore he never attempted the hour record.
More reason to buyer beware!!

Nice Dynatech frames you have there, I am sure they will build very nicely.
The Special Products Division where these were built was set up after the closure of the Ilkston plant (but still headed up by GOD) so there will be a time gap between the production dates. Dificult to date SBDU frames accurately as all the records have gone :(

Much more information here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TI_RALEIGH_TEAM_PROS/

Cheers

longbeech":29z9btpy said:
The Macdonalds bike was made at Ilkston at the SBDU (Special Build Development Unit) the SB on the serial number is the giveaway.Cheers

Just for the record -

SBDU = Special Bicycle Development Unit.

Thought most would have known ME did not ride for Banana. He rode for Raleigh/Weinmann, and following the ANC/Halfords debacle pursued a successful continental career (namely with Stephen Roche's Fagor squad).

Roadking.

Allshownogo":c551rs1u said:
This is the project that I alluded to on my introduction.

Which was Malcolm Elliot's Reynolds 753 lo-pro that Raleigh (or more correctly Gerald O'Donovan - witness the sticker at the top of the seat tube) made for his unsuccessful attempt at the World hour record.
This got me thinking.......could I find an 'old skool' lo-pro frame, tidy it up, and build it up as a modern-ish twist on a classic lo-pro TT bike in a singlespeed variant?

just came across this thread,and malcome elliot doing the world hour record???? really, is that the same malcome elliot ,sprinter, veulta points jersey winner and all round night club king ?

thinking of malc doing the hour is a joke,it is probably the hardest event in cycling,and the people who have held it are real heavy weight,s in the cycling world. i am not saying elliot was not gifted,but all the book,s i have read about coppi ,anquetil and merckx have said it is hell.with merckx saying the last 20 mins are probably the hardest ever on a bike

all this makes me think the story about your frame is utter crap

Latest posts

Back